why minimonsta has so few review ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi,
my friend who own a virus TI is just falling in love with the minimonsta.
but is he alone ?
there is only 2 reviews :-(
what do people dislike ?
thanks

I *really really* like Minimonsta.

Really. In fact I'd say that probably Minimonsta & Zebra2 are my favourite synth plugins...

it's a fat beast... a CPU nightmare if you use the unison and stack voices, but you will want to stack voices, trust me.
as far as moog emulation is concern, well... I've got a little phatty, and I don't use it as much as the minimonsta, enough said.
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Chopper wrote:well... I've got a little phatty, and I don't use it as much as the minimonsta, enough said.
Is that due to sound or convenience ?

well, the moog is fat as f..k, but the minimonsta is brighter, and will allow me to be "trimmed" in the mix a more natural way. it sort of doesn't mind to be equed. plus far more options. but if you want a dirty bassline played live in a electro-clash-indie band (Hoxton square, anyone?), then the moog is unbeatable. and as far as convenience is concern, nothing beats vstis anyway( no, I don't want to start a war...)

Chopper wrote:well, the moog is fat as f..k, but the minimonsta is brighter, and will allow me to be "trimmed" in the mix a more natural way. it sort of doesn't mind to be equed. plus far more options. but if you want a dirty bassline played live in a electro-clash-indie band (Hoxton square, anyone?), then the moog is unbeatable. and as far as convenience is concern, nothing beats vstis anyway( no, I don't want to start a war...)
I was curious as I had a Little Phatty but returned it because of the digital noise caused by the envelopes, and I also got a lot of stuck notes.
Can't stop thinking about it though. Some of the sounds are great.

i'll tell you why there arent many reviews.

cause everyone is too busy making music with minimonsta ;)

RonC

Because there is nothing more to say about this synth, it's great! Try the demo and hear for yourself :-)

Chopper wrote:I've got a little phatty
Don't worry - some girls like them like that ;)

aMUSEd wrote:
Only the shallow ones. :hihi:

Minimonsta was a no-brainer for me simply because the patches included with the plugin are of such high quality (to my ears) and expand on the mimi moogs sound in so many ways. I highly recommend it.
subfifth recordings
Soundcloud | YouTube | Instragram

aMUSEd wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Will have to check out the demo now to see what it's all about..

BTW if anyone else has any $1500 synths lying around unused, send them to me :)
Hardware: Akai MPK61, MFB-Synth II, Roland JX-8P, Virus TI Snow, KORG MS2000R, Roland SH-01
Favorite software: Sylenth1, Synth1, Messiah, ME80, OPX-Pro II, Zebra 2, Diva, Reason, Studio One V2 Pro

rpc9943 wrote:i'll tell you why there arent many reviews.

cause everyone is too busy making music with minimonsta ;)

RonC
Exactly my thoughts. But to summarise, it's to my ears one of the warmest, wildest, yet immediately usable VSTis around :cool:
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

Acid Mitch wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Only the shallow ones. :hihi:
pffffffft... guys... :oops: :oops: :oops:

aaaaah, KVR...

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”