RMV import to library

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to save a loop, kit or pad to the library without actually copying over all the sample data to the RMV Pads/0 or Loops folder?

I opened one of the .RM_V_Kit files and noticed it saves the location of the samples in the kit, so copying the files to a known location shouldn't be stricktly necessary.
I'd love to use all the advanced tagging features the library offers on my own audio data without having to have them twice on my disk. (removing the originals is not an option as it dumps all the files from a kit into one directory, so I'd have all my drums in one folder instead of neatly organised when I'm not using RMV)

I'm also wondering if the plugin stores the samples in the preset when the host saves. This would be handy for backup purposes (or when i'm working on my laptop without the external drive which contains the library)

No one?

It's really not possible to save a patch to the library without all the samples being copied into a different folder?

Kyran wrote:No one?

It's really not possible to save a patch to the library without all the samples being copied into a different folder?
I'm afraid it's not possible. Sorry :scared:
The good side of this feature is that, it's really easy to move/backup/restore your whole library, as all the data are in one directory structure ;)

cheers,
Bart

nm

A pity, but hd space is cheap enough, so it's not a disaster.

Kyran wrote: I'm also wondering if the plugin stores the samples in the preset when the host saves. This would be handy for backup purposes (or when i'm working on my laptop without the external drive which contains the library)
Ah, no. it would make the songs really big, and the host would be getting slow due to this. You can backup a certain kit by exporting it, if you need to. Or better, just make a backup of the whole RMV lib from time to time.

Return to “LinPlug”