ManyBass presets?

Official support for: manytone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I downloaded and installed ManyBass and it works great on my system with one exception. In Digital Performer 5.12 the preset names are all "Default". The presets do change when I select them from the menu and the keyswitch program names show up correctly. Just the preset names are missing. I tried ManyBass in Live Lite 6 and in GarageBand 3. The preset names show up fine there so the problem may be in DP. Is anyone else seeing this?

My system: MacBook Pro Core2Duo 2.16GHz 2GB RAM, OS X 10.4.8, Digital Performer 5.12, Live Lite 6.0.7, GarageBand 3.

I'm having a great time with ManyBass. It sounds really god and I'm looking forward to learning to think enough like a bass player so that I can make use of the articulations.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi ba_hill
Strange that everything loads and changes etc for you and works except for presets names. (At least it works for you in other hosts so we know your install is proper)

Aldo (The Mac Guy who needs a bigger Hammer ;-) ) has been notified of this post of yours, and is looking into it.

Hang in there for us to get back.
In the meantime - any other DP users???
Paul

Okay ...Hi again ba_hill

Can you email me please and quote your trouble so i know who you are....I have a new build of ManyBass (Mac) for you to try that should correct your preset name issue on Mac DP.

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,

I sent you an email quoting my original post. I also saw that you're changing servers and may not get email for a couple of days. Please let me know here if you don't get my email when your server is running again. I'll send it again.

Thanks for the greeat service!

Brian

Hi Brian

I just sent you the new build to see if it fixes the preset naming issue you encountered.
Please let us know.
Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,

I got it and it works.

Thanks a bunch!

Brian

manytone wrote:Hi Brian

I just sent you the new build to see if it fixes the preset naming issue you encountered.
Please let us know.
Thanks
Paul

Hi Brian
Well that is just Great stuff!

Glad we were able to fix things up for you!
Enjoy
Paul

G'day all. I too am having this "greyed out" issue on my intel Mac.

The path is hard drive/MBSoundSet/ManyBass

But when I try to access the data in Logic all the wusiksnd data is there, just greyed out. The patch selector box with the main VST window is also empty. You know the one where a user can select a patch from, on the left hand side of the VST window.

The other interesting thing was that Stuffit kept refusing to unpack the MAC data files for both Bass and guitar, coming up with the message

" An error occurred attempting to expand /Users/dennis/Desktop/Many Guitar samples/ManyGuitarSamples.part01.sitx Archive was compressed with an unknown compression method (Error #17535)"

(its the same message for the bass samples just change the wording)

All files were in the same folder as per the instructions before I tried to unpack them, and all files were a matching size to the original at the FTP site.

So after consulting with Manytone, we decided to transfer the working samples from the Windows PC instead, and now I have this "greyed out" issue...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Dennis

Update...Finally got the correct samples to unpack with Stuffit.

Still no go in Logic...patches still greyed out..tried using AppZap to remove Logic totally and re-installed it. Tried loading Manybass again....SAME problem.

The VST operation window comes up, but with the patch box blank..and when I try to point Logic to the wusiksnd folder, they are all still blank...

I really want to try and stick with the MAC as it is a great PC, but if this goes on for much longer I will just pack it, up sell it and go back to Windows..

Dennis

EDIT
I just emailed you Dennis.

Check...got that... reading it now...thanks

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

All the instructions are correct the installing method is correct. The ONE thing I did was when pointing ManyBass to the folder, I went one folder too many.

In other words for other MAC users, when you get to the stage of directing ManyBass VST to the data folders, if you SEE the wusiksnd patches (which are "greyed out") you have gone one folder too far, just go back to the first folder after MBSoundSet.

It was THAT simple......Okay now to make some music.

Dennis

Return to “Manytone Music”