Kind of a noob question, but...

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How can I get an arp patch to sound the same every time a MIDI sequence starts?

Right now, some notes will sound differently, randomly, every time I play through a sequence in a loop. I have NO idea what to do. I'm using Logic, by the way.

Thanks in advance!

Someone, have mercy! It's driving me crazy right now and I don't know what to do :cry:

is it in demo mode?

First thing first, is this a registered version of Zebra?
Another question I guess, you're playing a chord and letting the arp patch do the arpeggiation, right?

If so, the easiest thing to do would be post the patch name if it's in a library. Without knowing what what modulation sources are being used in a patch, and how some modulation sources are configured (LFOs, MMaps are the more obvious sources for random modulation), it's impossible to tell what to turn off to remove the randomization.

Another thing worth mentioning is Zebra is very sensitive about note order. If you want to make sure the sequence sounds exactly the same from phrase to phrase it's best to record the notes into your sequencer. Then make sure your notes are correctly aligned.

For example, if you're doing Cmaj and the first time you press C-E-G then the second time you press C-G and then E a fraction later, the sequence will sound different. Unless you're a very good player the easiest solution is to adjust the notes in the sequence.

If you're already playing a loop and not playing it live, keep in mind midi loops might have minor variatons in their note order.

Try this.

1. Record (or draw in) Cmaj for 1 bar.
2. Repeat #1 for 4 bars.
3. play the song on loop.

If variations occur then it's something to do with zebra/the patch. If it doesn't vary, then it has something to do with your midi loop.

Thanks for your help guys! Unfortunately it's finals time, so I won't be able to try these solutions out for a couple of days. :(

Return to “u-he”