Keeping values in memory

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone

I'm trying to do something like an advanced looper plugin, and I need to capture the value of the length of a recorded sample to reuse it later.
But I think it is not possible to do such a thing with sonic birth.
Does anyone has an idea about this ?
If it is not possible to catch the value of t, does anyone know a way to get rid of this problem ?

Thank you

Hugo

You could try using a bufferizer to capture the output of a counter. Just have the counter start when the recording starts (assuming your capturing the loops live).

thanks slikmanp

I've already tried this but it doesn't work since the input of the bufferizer is supposed to be audio.
Actually I think it is not possible to store a value, because sonicbirth is really built with a signal treatment logic, and there's nothing like a "variable" object.
It's one of the limitations of this software (which is still great).

I did a test and it worked fine (captured the output of a slider and an LFO, both witha a range of +/- 1000). You need to make sure that the buffer size is very small (I used 0.1ms) otherwise you'll capture a small range that will oscillate. Of course this will happen no matter how short the buffer is but I figure that at a point it won't matter.

ooops... l ok I've tried again and it works fine.
I guess I've just made a mistake the first time.
Thank you very much for this clever idea

Return to “SonicBirth”