DLL initialization error

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Has anyone else come across a DLL initialization error when loading the 5th or 6th instance of HG Fortune plugins? This happened both in Ableton Live (the error appeared when loading UltraSwampPro to a project which already had Alphatron, Altair and SerenityPro x2) and Reaper (occurred when loading the 6th plugin). My system is Win7 32bit on a quad core. HG is stumped.

Regards,
David

davide37 wrote:Hi,

Has anyone else come across a DLL initialization error when loading the 5th or 6th instance of HG Fortune plugins? This happened both in Ableton Live (the error appeared when loading UltraSwampPro to a project which already had Alphatron, Altair and SerenityPro x2) and Reaper (occurred when loading the 6th plugin). My system is Win7 32bit on a quad core. HG is stumped.

Regards,
David
It turned out this is an issue due to a Windows limitation of loading only up to 300 dll in total. Each required Sem / Sep file coming with a plugin counts as separate dll in Windows :-(

HG

Does that limitation exist in all Windows versions? 64 bit, too?
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

gravehill wrote:Does that limitation exist in all Windows versions? 64 bit, too?
As far as I've been informed: yes :-(

HG

Return to “HG Fortune”