Each oscillator can be routed to one of the two filters, a flanger, or direct to the VCA. The user can have a dedicated sound-modifier for each oscillator allowing a wide variety of multicolored sounds within a single patch.
Each oscillator has an Additional Harmonics Shaper (AHS) to enrich sound in generating shapeable upper harmonics from the selected wave. The character of this additional sound ranges from rich chorus-like to metallic sounds and can be mixed - also via modulation - to the original wave.
The waveset with Astral Dreamer contains carefully processed waves designed to provide a wide variety of sound-sources: Synth waves from real analog, virtual analog and digital synths, complex waveforms, soundscapes (mostly image generated sounds), plus some XFx sounds. Besides the routing possibilities there are a lot of modulation options to shape the sound with motion.
Features (based on Pro version):
- 3 PCM wave Oscillators each with 128 waves plus Additional Harmonics Shaper.
- 1 x 24 dB resonant Lowpass filter with ADSR EG and 4 channel mod mixer.
- 1 x 12 dB resonant Lo, Hi or Bandpass filter with ADSR EG and 4 channel mod mixer.
- Filter Routing: parallel or serial possible.
- 1 x Flanger.
- Mod sources:
- 2 Aux ADSR EG (3 & 4).
- 3 BPM synced LFO.
- 1 BPM synced Sample & Hold.
- 1 BPM synced double LFO with phase shifting.
- 1 VCA ADSR EG.
- 1 Pan for direct signal.
- 1 Pan for delay signal.
- 1 Delay.
- 1 Stereo Reverb.
- 1 Saturate/LoBoost (4 modes).
- Lazy System with 8 buttons.
- Velocity Sensitivity knob.
- Visual display of LFO motion (can be hidden).
- 12 voices, 4 patch-banks (512 patches).
- MIDI Learn/CC Edit for most control elements.
- Inbuilt MIDI CC display.
Limitations of Free version:
- 4 voices.
- 1 Lazybutton.
- 128 patches.
- SF2 load only for Osc 3.