New wavetables + patches for Sonigen Modular

Official support for: sonigen.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

based on my last thread about the Moog Slim Phatty wavetables i thought it would be good to have a thread where i and other people could post link to new wavetables and patches for Sonigen Modular. Everyone could feel free to post links here.

HINT:
The wavetables and patches are usually found at C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Your Documents\Sonigen ModularData

I'll start with my Slim Phatty wavetables (+ presets) and some new ones:

1.) Moog Slim Phatty wavetables

The wavetables which include single and mixed waveforms are:
- Moog SP Sawtooth
- Moog SP Square
- Moog SP Triangle
- Moog SP_Saw + Square
- Moog SP_Triangle + Saw + Square
- Moog SP_Triangle + Saw
- Moog SP_Triangle + Square

A mix of Sawtooth and Triangle is called "Sharktooth" BTW. :)

The wavetable with single waveforms (the first 3) could morph through 4 different FFT sizes (16384, 8192, 4096, 2048) which results in a slightly different sound.
The mixed wavetables include 2 or 3 different waveforms and use a FFT size of 4096 each.

You could download the wavetables here:
EDIT: Included at 6.) and in the Sonigen Modular installer now.

For testing the wavetables i included two presets/patches.

The original wavetable is not needed to play that patch as the wavetables are saved within the preset/patch files!

UPDATE: (04.10.2011):
Here is another new patch based on 8 detuned Slim Phatty Sawtooth wavetables:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1239608576 ... _1__IW.zip

2.) Waldorf Blofeld wavetables + patches:

One comment: Those wavetables do NOT contain the original wavetables of the Blofeld. Just to avoid confusion... :)
They are based on my own presets for the Waldorf Blofeld.

The wavetables include:
- Blofeld_Cars 2010 IW
- Blofeld_Hyper Strings IW
- Blofeld_Schill Out Bell IW
- Blofeld_Cars + Mama IW (= two different waveforms)
- Blofeld_Mama 2010

Besides this the download includes a few presets/patches:

For the pad sounds an additional Chorus FX (like e.g. Schwa Oligarc Chorus) is very nice. The Schwa Oligarc Chorus is identical to the Chorus in Schwa Olga.

UPDATE:
4.) PPG Wave 3.V wavetables

One comment: Those wavetables do NOT contain the original wavetables of the PPg Wave 3.V. Just to avoid confusion... :)
They are based on my own presets for the Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V.

new wavetable + patch based on one of my presets for Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V:

UPDATE (03.10.2011):
5.) Cableguys Curve wavetables

I just created 9 more Sonigen Modular wavetables based on single-cycle waveforms i have done with Cableguys Curve and one wavetable which includes all of those 9 waveforms.

The new wavetables are:
- Curve_Additive Fifths Saw IW
- Curve_Curved Glass Vox 1 IW
- Curve_Curved Glass Vox 2 IW
- Curve_Mirror Peaks IW
- Curve_PPG Aah Choir IW
- Curve_PPG Formant Vocal 1 IW
- Curve_Rollercoaster IW
- Curve_Twin Peaks IW
- Curve_Whistling Curve IW
- Curve_Ultimate Curve v1 IW (this includes all the other 9 waveforms for morphing)

I also made 10 new patches/presets based on those wavetables.

The download is available here:

6.) A collection of all my wavetables and patches so far

I have also prepared a zip file which includes all wavetables i made so far, the corresponding patches, some of my old patches (converted to the new version) and some new ones which don't use the new wavetables.

That zip file includes 24 wavetables and 38 patches/presets:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1456274524 ... 0.2011.zip

Those wavetables and patches are included in the latest update of Sonigen Modular now.

UPDATE:
One of the patches in the package seems to be wrong.
The correct file is available here:
https://rapidshare.com/files/3842241851 ... 10__IW.zip

In most patch file the samples are deleted as they are not needed but in the wavetable files they are mostly included.

Have fun,
Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Cool! Thanks man 8)

(making wavetables is fun, huh?) :wink:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: making wavetables is fun, huh?) :wink:
Yes it is. Hopefully we'll get a wavetable editor for Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V sometimes. I already added a request at the betatest around 1 year ago...

Anyway the wavetables which Wolfgang Palm created for the PPG Wave 3.V and also the old ones are so good IMO that it will be difficult to do something significantly better. For the rest you could import samples into PPG Wave 3.V including the whole Waveterm library.

For the Blofeld there is a freeware editor:
http://lady.rdsor.ro/~kotro/index.php?m=soft

It will be also nice to create waveforms with Cableguys Curve and use them for longer wavetable with several waveforms.
I soon try to collect all samples and single cycle waveforms i made myself (some based on Cableguys Curve) to create more wavetables. Also sampling some of my presets for other softsynths could be nice.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

EDIT: Wavetables + patches included at 6.) in the OP and in the Sonigen Modular installer now.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

EDIT
Ingo Weidner

EDIT: Wavetables + patches included at 6.) in the OP and in the Sonigen Modular installer now.

In the future i'll try to do more mixed wavetables with 2 or more different waveforms.

PS:
I would be pleased i other people would post some wavetables here too... :)

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Here is another new patch based on 8 detuned Slim Phatty Sawtooth wavetables:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1239608576 ... _1__IW.zip

Hint: The CPU use of that patch could be quite high depending on how many notes you play.

I made a sample of the raw oscillators of that patch above and try to do a wavetable of it but so far it's not close enough.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Sonigen”