elder thing postmortem

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:p

i'm announcing the close/non-event of the previous request for elder thing compositions.. one was finished (thanks antoine! :) creative!)

the intent being to present a list of publicity sound examples for an article with chaosium and what have you.

i composed one myself, but felt sickened and disgusted afterwards and decided not to propagate awareness of what i had recorded. as i have said in confidence, when you record a piece of music, you create a soundstage and populate it with characters or energies.. whereas e.t. seemed like an interesting target for modeling, i don't really dig the whole unspeakable horror scene and didn't enjoy occupying composing with it.

you'll note there has been no demo audio since the model was near complete.

as such, the retail price will stay at $20 and not be increased after the "introductory period". i hope people who enjoy the genre find it satisfying, i'm sorry that, as the developer, i haven't been able to participate fully in that enjoyment.

various media offerings in consolation:

nicely tuned synths :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLo2_lLFPqQ

also thanks to ben for the article in wusik magazine :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

well, i got over it.

here's the mp3 demo for elder thing, the scream is fauna.

http://www.xoxos.net/vst/mp3/ETindahows.mp3
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Cool stuff, that scream was pretty convincing. Makes me realize I suck at using fauna. :oops:

I missed the post looking for sound design, sorry 'bout that... I'll be posting something to your "artist endorsement" thread eventually though.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

another fwiw to say now.. after syng3 i'll be messing with some stochastic natural sound generators. i'll see how that works out.

after that, i'm guessing the fauna update is the most awaited item, so maybe spring :shrug: :)

xoxos wrote:another fwiw to say now.. after syng3 i'll be messing with some stochastic natural sound generators. i'll see how that works out.
Sounds interesting, I'll definitely be watching for those.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Return to “xoxos”