Crowd Choir Release

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear Soniccouture

Quick thanks for this instrument...I tried to detect my dulcet tones amongst the choir, but you've obviously straightened them out and made them sound ok!

Everything is classy about this...all profits to the Red Cross, and the instrument is great! Lots of fun with various reverbs, delays and FX had by me this evening. Your DDR Toy Piano is excellent too.

Thanks guys - best of luck for this, and for your business!

http://www.redcross.org.uk/
http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products ... rowdchoir/

:tu:

:tu:

:singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer: :singer:

Thanks for your kind comments, Davy.

We have had a few dissenting emails from people - i think who were expecting a much more comprehensive choir library, or even just something completely different, i don't know.

i would just like to say to them that this was always an experimental project, and we're very happy with how it has turned out. If we thought it was no good, or the project had failed, we probably wouldn't have released it. I think it has a unique depth to its sound, and as a vocal pad it certainly has uses.

With that in mind, we're aware that it's fairly limited in use beyond that, and i think that's reflected in the price, which all goes to charity anyway. If this wasa full choir lib., it would cost €200.

The audio demos are a very fair reflection of how it sounds - if you don't like the sound of them, don't buy it expect Voxos or Requiem or something!

James

James

I'm really sorry (and surprised) to hear some didn't like it. Yes it has limited application, but it's certainly £20 worth (even if I got it for free!), and, as you say it is for a good cause. Maybe their expectations were different? From my point of view judicious use of various FX can really give some stunning pad like sounds.

Maybe if you play them back my 3 duff notes they'll realise just how much work you put in....

Anyway, I've finally decided to spring for Kontakt at 50% off - the likes of Soniccouture and Hollow Sun are to blame....and when funds allow I'm sure I'll be back for some of your stuff (pan drums ...mmmmmm)!

Best wishes

Dear SonicCouture Folks,

Don't listen to the folks that didn't like it. They simply didn't understand the scope of what you were doing.

There's no way you could create a truly comparable full choir library with this method. Way too many unknowns. So I for one never expected that.

However what I do have to say is that I GREATLY appreciate your company's approach to instrument creation. There are a lot of companies who spend most of their time and effort trying to recreate instruments that exist elsewhere (plugins also) and while that's sometimes a worthy endeavor (a few of your instruments like the Pan Drum and others follow this model as well) I have to say sometimes I'm less interested in that when it comes to my computer VSTi selections. Your unique approach to creating instruments that don't really exist elsewhere is fresh, and something that I for one REALLY enjoy. Also going out of your way to find rare and worldly instruments makes for a selection of libraries that don't sound like anything else out there.

In short, I'm glad you exist and I will continue to be a proud supporter of your work.

As for Crowd Choir specifically, I think it's a fantastic instrument for what it was designed to be, you've succeeded beyond my expectations! And your offer to send profits to the red cross is admirable and appreciated!

Best wishes and keep the novel ideas flowing!!

- Gizzmo

This is very cool instrument and a nice surprise. I submitted some notes and totally forgot about it. And now suddenly it appeared in the mail. I really made my day, thank you.

that's a very useful instrument, congratulations !
Damien

Have you thought of developing this as a Reason Rack Extension (or simply releasing a ReFill)? I think this would find an eager audience among Reason users.

Return to “Soniccouture”