installer

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

I'm really intrested in this sampler so i tried the X64 installer.
It didn't work at first and after some searches on the harddisk the X64 installer (MSI) puts the files on the wrong places.

- indeed you have a method of redirecting the installed files as indicated on the manual.

but: they install the PDF help documents to the specified directory not the DLL!

- the install of the DLL goes directly, without a possibility of redirecting, to the program files (X86) folder in a map steinberg.

This should certainly be corrected because this is a first impression you get.

After replacing the DLL to the for my case corret folder everything seems ok. Still have to go through the manual...

Question: Is the provided DLL for the X64 install the real 64bit version, or (as indicated by the install path) the 32 bit version?

kind regards

R.

The installer lets you set custom destinations for both the plug in itself as well as the documentation. Its standard MS Installer technology, not sure why this apparently confused you?

You are however right about the installer picking the wrong VSTi folder for lack of registry entries. Something broken in the Wix build.

Update: Should work as expected in latest version. Broken variable substitution. Thanks for the heads up.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”