Public Beta4: Sanity Check of Everything

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Urs on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quick note: The version of Diva does not yet have new filters. But Zebra has the Easter Egg filters ;-)

Just in time for the week-end
Thanks!

Thanks! :) Will try to give all of the Mac versions a spin this weekend.

Does anybody get invisible presets with Podolski? Is this common or is it just few cases?

Urs wrote:Does anybody get invisible presets with Podolski? Is this common or is it just few cases?
Yes, invisible they are

JustusHall wrote:
Urs wrote:Does anybody get invisible presets with Podolski? Is this common or is it just few cases?
Yes, invisible they are
Same here (OS X 10.8.3); the presets for Podolski apparently *are* in their proper location on disk, but do not appear in Podolski's GUI. Fwiw, messing a bit with the permissions, or installing only the presets.pkg part of the previous installer (using Pacifist, to default location, using administrator permissions) did not work to fix it either.

Hmmm... it must be a rights problem.

I'll investigate this a bit further.

I still have the same (very minor) issue when using symlinks to a Themes folder in a custom location. If the Themes folder

Code: Select all

/Library/Application\ Support/u-he/Themes
is replaced with a symbolic link to a similarly named folder in another location (e.g. inside a Dropbox subfolder), then installing a plug-in with an additional theme (Zebra2: Unempty Dark Horse) does install the theme there, but the theme is not available in the plug-in.

Btw, while using a subfolder (as with preset folders) does not work with themes, when there is an empty subfolder in the Themes folder, an empty Scripts subfolder is automatically created in there each time a plug-in scans it. This seems to be redundant.

Using symlinks for works great for the Modules folder of Zebra2 (containing custom oscillator and MSEG presets, and also for patches. Another very minor nitpick regarding the latter, though: if possible, I'd like the folder name shown in the GUI to be the same as the name of the symlink, instead of its target (e.g. when the symlink is named 'Dropbox' and is targeting a folder named (.../Dropbox/Zebra2/) 'Presets', I'd like it to show 'Dropbox', not 'Presets').

^ All very minor stuff, imho; low priority, and definitely not worth holding back a release for.

Hey Urs, when can we expect theming support in ACE, Uhbik, ZRev, Zebralette? (Currently having various themes in Support/Themes folder doesn't show them in the right-click context menu in the plugin). Also, when will ZRev get a preset browser? :P

Re: this beta, I don't get the logo links working over here in ACE, Diva, Zebra, Zebrify. Works in Podolski, Uhbik, Zebralette.

"user guide" link should open the PDF directly instead of opening the plugin's Data folder in Explorer.

Why doesn't Zebra remember the skin that I "made default" after I install a new revision? It always reverts to the default skin. Intentional?

Themeing support is easy. Just set up the structure with e.g. ACE.txt/ACE_default.txt/ACE_orig.txt as seen in MFM2 etc.

Only Diva, Podolski, Uhbik and Zebralette have logo links yet. They're not the most important feature hence we didn't bother going there.

Opening the folder with the PDF was easier (just opening an URL like the websites) than actually adding code to open documents in their respective applications. What we have now is an improvement that cost little time to implement. We'll go for a bigger solution, should people wish so, maybe in a few years when we have time for this.

I have no idea why your default skin wasn't saved. We had problems like these before, maybe fixing something broke something else. Happens all the time, hence we can only hope that we find a developer who can work on a solution we've planned.

- Urs

Ch00rD wrote:I still have the same (very minor) issue when using symlinks to a Themes folder in a custom location. If the Themes folder

Code: Select all

/Library/Application\ Support/u-he/Themes
is replaced with a symbolic link to a similarly named folder in another location (e.g. inside a Dropbox subfolder), then installing a plug-in with an additional theme (Zebra2: Unempty Dark Horse) does install the theme there, but the theme is not available in the plug-in.

Btw, while using a subfolder (as with preset folders) does not work with themes, when there is an empty subfolder in the Themes folder, an empty Scripts subfolder is automatically created in there each time a plug-in scans it. This seems to be redundant.

Using symlinks for works great for the Modules folder of Zebra2 (containing custom oscillator and MSEG presets, and also for patches. Another very minor nitpick regarding the latter, though: if possible, I'd like the folder name shown in the GUI to be the same as the name of the symlink, instead of its target (e.g. when the symlink is named 'Dropbox' and is targeting a folder named (.../Dropbox/Zebra2/) 'Presets', I'd like it to show 'Dropbox', not 'Presets').

^ All very minor stuff, imho; low priority, and definitely not worth holding back a release for.
Symlink support is in new code that requires full rewrites of areas with file access. Especially the gui script code is very old and not exactly suited for such a rewrite, whereas the preset management code was.

So, am I right that "invisible presets" are contained to Podolski only?

Thanks for the answers - got the skin support in ACE working, at last!

Got a crashed Reaper when trying to switch the skin in ACE when playing out a sound with long release. I know - not an often scenario, but...

BTW it's not a big problem that my selected skin wasn't saved when installing a new rev. It's a few clicks away to how it was before the install.

And preset support for ZRev? Sorry if a bother, but you skipped over that question :oops:

EvilDragon wrote:And preset support for ZRev? Sorry if a bother, but you skipped over that question :oops:
ZRev? What is ZRev?

Return to “u-he”