Can't load my SF2 files

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your effort to make TX16Wx. It's quite useful. :)

Today, I've updated TX16Wx from 2.0? (sorry I don't remember the version number exactly) to 2.2.1, and I notice that I cannot load my SF2 files now. I'm sure that they can be loaded in the previous version.

In ver. 2.2.1, the warning message like "bad conversion" appears, when I try to load my SF2s.
The SF2 files are some kind of japanese voice files prepared by me, using Viena SoundFont Editor.
For example, could you check this SF2 file in the TX16Wx 2.2.1 ?

reg.s63.xrea.com/Renoid/Voices/Renoid_02_Asane-Bow_SF.zip

If I'm wrong something I'll fix my files, but I don't know what's wrong.

(Windows 8 64bit)

Nothing wrong on your part. But the SF2 does actually break the specification, which clearly states that all names in the sound font must be ACSII (not that I agree with that design, but it is there notheless).
TX 2.2 has a more strict encoding handling in general, and in this case it pukes because of japanese code page characters in the file.
Since it is however not a big issue, I've fixed the name handling so it instead treats all names as code page data/truncated wide characters. So now the file loads and actually displays hiragana too. Gambare!

Will be in 2.2.2.
Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Ahh, I see. I didn't know that.

[quote]Since it is however not a big issue, I've fixed the name handling so it instead treats all names as code page data/truncated wide characters. So now the file loads and actually displays hiragana too.[/quote]

It seems that hiragana isn't displayed correctly though (the characters were garbled), I'm glad I can load my SF2 files again now. It's enough for me. :) Thanks for your support.

[quote]Gambare![/quote]
You too. :wink: (Thanks a lot!!)

Return to “CWITEC”