Can the Multicore Button in Diva be turned on as default

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Everytime I open Diva I have to remember to turn on the multicore button. Is there a way to have it turned on as default.
Last edited by cis-didge on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

+1

I assume it is a button rather than a permanent default as there may be occasion when one wants to limit Diva to 'just one core', I suspect (I may be wrong) that most people leave multicore on, so perhaps the default state should be on?

Yes, this is a missing option. The same with quality mode settings.

I just made a channelstrip in Logic for Diva so it always loads with it on. My Kore template for Diva does the same. I assume most hosts these days have the means to do something along those lines - eg Reaper has track templates, Live has live sets and macros etc

A global preferences panel and the ability to set default parameter values is on our todo list. Just can't say when.

Aren't Quality settings and Multi Core on/off stored within a Patch ? (Don't own Diva....yet).......... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Aren't Quality settings and Multi Core on/off stored within a Patch ? (Don't own Diva....yet).......... :)
Yes, but we treat them as "per-instance" parameters. They are only evaluated if loaded within 1 second of creating a new instance. This can commonly only happen when a preset was stored with a song/project file :)

Urs wrote:A global preferences panel and the ability to set default parameter values is on our todo list. Just can't say when.
Sweet thanks Urs!

Urs wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Aren't Quality settings and Multi Core on/off stored within a Patch ? (Don't own Diva....yet).......... :)
Yes, but we treat them as "per-instance" parameters. They are only evaluated if loaded within 1 second of creating a new instance. This can commonly only happen when a preset was stored with a song/project file :)
So can you set a default patch that loads up each time a new instance is created ? Or of course we could just create a track template in our host set to whatever defaults we want....... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:So can you set a default patch that loads up each time a new instance is created ? Or of course we could just create a track template in our host set to whatever defaults we want....... :)
Yes! Simply create a patch which is called "Default.h2p" in the presets root folder (This works with all U-He plugins by the way).

Cheers
Dennis

Multicore button is similar to the turbo boost button in the KITT car; You don't want it on all the time.. otherwise you miss the cool wooshing sound as you engage it.

If you are using more than one Diva instance, works better in Reaper with it off.
edit...for me on an i7

Not yet?
I want to set these settings as a default:
Multicore enabled, draft quality, best on rendering

Well, we have the preferences panel now... I'll make a note for the next update :)

Return to “u-he”