ESA - first impressions

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ESA demo video passes the key switch articulation definition very quickly, how to define the key and operations,if you are not happy with the defaults? I'd also like to see key switch keys marked with different coulours, see e.g. Chris Hein implemention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Rg7nGZ9fA

ESA demo video(s) concentrate mainly on the Harmonize builder. Tutorial pages include two clips of the Pattern maker but I suggest that the developer/some of the marketing generates a video which concentrates on the song example and the use of the Pattern maker, and touches also the MicroTuner.

Maybe a more deep going, song-based case would open the secrets of the ESA better.

At the first glance (I've got KHPRS+ESA and KHCS2 s) the main disadvantage of the Pattern maker is the programming: instead of pointing/defining the velocities and other values of the pattern by the mouse (which IMO is the most unmusical way to make music) you should be able to play the pattern by the keyboard, optionally step by step using several iterations to make the pattern perfect. Harmonize builder may be useful in some situations but in most of the cases I rather play the whole harmony myself which gives me more control, the engine feels like using the training wheels when riding the bike. But as said, these are just the first impression.

Good presentation is not a waste of time: I believe the better clients can take advantage of different features or the products and get good experience of these, the more they use these products, and the more they are ready to invest in the new products. One of the biggest obstacles of the new purchase is the previous investment which just gathers dust unused - not because the product is necessary bad but because the user can't get the best out of it. H.

Yes, more videos are coming. First, I need to get the new Spotlight Strings videos done, however. :)

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”