Serious Tracktion BPM change bug

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've noticed something strange happening lately when I change the global bpm for a track - say for when I decide the whole track should be 10 bpm faster or something. Pictures illustrate it best the problem best:

1. Before bpm change look here
2. After bpm change look here

Looking at the first clip on the first track, before the bpm change it starts on bar 1 and ends on bar 9. After the bpm change it starts on bar 1 and ends on 14. Not only that but after bar 9 there is only empty space in the clip.

The problem seems to me that Tracktion is scaling the length of the notes on bpm change, but the clip lengths stay identical size. This is a serious hassle if you have a nearly finished project (such as this one in the picture) and want to change the tempo slightly. This means you need to trim ALL clips to the right length and then drag them backwards to the correct position. No thanks :evil:

Also I think there may be an element of randomness to this bug, cause I swear it never happened on older projects. Maybe it was introduced in a recent update?

hi. does it make a difference if you set:

timecode > remap clip positions when tempo is changed

from the left hand bottom options? this fixed issues i had with tempo changing and audio clips. bye!

mark

Thanks Mark! That does appear to fix this - I feel a bit silly :oops:

:-) i had the same problem and the people on this forum helped me out so i'm just returning the favour!

Yeah don't feel bad! I couldn't even figure out how to ASK this question and it's been bugging me for a while! :oops:
Pythagorean perennialist.

Return to “Tracktion”