So, Natural Studio and Muon..?

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK thanks! I look forward with interest to Tachyon-powered instruments. I don't mind compromising a bit (not much by the sounds of it) to get high performance in realtime and it's great that you can get ultimate performance when it's most wanted, in rendering mode.

Probably the quality of any integrated mapping technology is more important, and which formats the engine can play off the bat.
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

You are sort of misunderstanding Tachyon. It's not a product that you, as an end user, can buy. It is an end-to-end consultancy/project management service and software technology that we offer to companies that are interested in releasing their own sample-based virtual instruments. Tachyon is unique in that it is fully customisable, so we can do pretty much anything the clients might want :D

So when you buy a Tachyon-powered product (like the forthcoming NS Kit instrument amongst others) you'll be getting most likely a subset of the basic features of the engine, plus any extra ones the client specified. For example, one Tachyon-powered product might support REX import and sync'd playback, but another one might not expose that feature to the end user because it isn't relevant to their Himalayan nose flute instrument.

That doesn't rule out someone (even Muon) doing a fully featured sampler with keymapping and format imports, but at the moment that's a long way off.

Regards
Dave

how about neutron then ?...

Neutron is, at its heart, a Tachyon-powered product that we'll be releasing ourselves. I know its taken a lot longer than we originally thought, but the whole Tachyon thing has sort of gained a life of its own since we started off down this road last year - you wouldn't believe how much of my time its been soaking up!! I've had to refocus and reprioritise all my daily work here at Muon to develop the Tachyon concept and the technology, and to start to build up a client base. The fruits of this last years work will become apparent soon and I can't wait to show people what I've been labouring over!

However, once the pressure starts to ease off a bit I really, really want to get back to some of those plans that we announced early last year. It actually pains me to see excellent products like Atom, Electron and Tau still waiting for the promised v2 update, not to mention Neutron still needing so much work. I didn't want to move the priority so far away from these products but things back here have been *frantic* in the last six months :shock:

When the dust settles they'll go right back to the top of the list, it's a matter of personal pride now :lol:

Cheers
Dave

In the meantime, I wouldn't mind seeing the latest Natural Studio in DS-404 format somewhere. :( Somewhere as in, not for $21 on the latest (in Canada.. probably 2 months behind in the UK) CM magazine. I understand that hosting has been an issue in the past, but I don't understand why CM doesn't replace its NS_6 with NS_7... it's only a few MB difference.

Maybe because it translates into REAL downloads, though-- and I understand that. It'll mean that I've downloaded 6 from the site, and then ALSO 7, for a total of 300MB of bandwidth or so. :( I can see why that would be crippling to even a large server like CM's.

Sorry... just realized that this is only barely and superficially relevent to this forum. ;)

Greg

I can only really suggest that you contact someone at CM - I don't know who's replaced Kevin Redding since he left, try Will Seelig maybe?

Regards
Dave

Return to “Muon Software”