What software are you really using currently?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Notion 4 with my Casio DP. This is the most I used for the last few months.

Anyway, for a DAW and soft synths, the most I used last week (except today which mostly I used Reason):

Sonar as a DAW,
Reaktor (the ensembles included with it), Razor, Massive, FM8, Korg Mono/Poly, Padshop Pro and Retrologue.
Session Drummer mostly for Acoustic Drums.

Oh and TB Track Essentials (especially EQ and Compressor) and Nomad Factory Blue effects.

I use xoxos BONG & Star Cym 2 & TimeDomains HYDi in 99,999% of all of my tracks. I know them in and out and still find new things and quirks. So I am settled with drums & monophonic stuff.

Still looking for the one and only POLY I won´t replace. I mostly use CURVE 2 lately for that ´cause I love the easy but quite complex modulation. But still waiting for JACKi. :D

Cheers
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

I normally only use my own plugins, been trying to use others.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

What software am I currently using?

Firefox.

No! Not the head!!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

ableton live 9 suite. omnisphere, bazille, independence pro, kontakt 5, oberheim SEM, mello. camel space, ad big seq 2, sugar bytes wow 2, melda multiband convolution and a lot of effect stuff from live 9 and MfL
"It dreamed itself along"

Aby live 9,reason,omnisphere,diva and a very small selection of eq and fx

Less is better for me :tu:
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

Last week or two: Vaz Modular, u-he Bazille, Native Instruments FM8.

Go a few more weeks back and Vember Audio Surge can be added to the mix. I wouldn't be doing much with my plugins these days if I hadn't made a promise to myself to finish at least one project every week just to get into the habit of finishing things though, sometimes one would prefer to prioritize differently for a period of time...

Cubase Elements, Spire, Largo, Dune, Retrologue, Voxengo Oldskoolverb, TAL-Filter and host effects...

My original stuff has chip-style instuments in it, and one of my influences is Japanese video game BGM.
So Chipsound, FMDrive, SPSG

This should technically be a long list but I'll keep with the current heavy usage-

DAW and Editing-

Cubase 7.5
Wavelab Elements 8

Instruments-

Kontakt 5
Spire
Serum
Battery 4
Reactor (for Razor and now Rounds)
Trilian (now that I have it!!!)
Addictive Drums 2
Sylenth
Alchemy
Zebra2
(I use many many more but those are appearing on much of my music)

Effects-
Cosmos
BBE Sonic Suite
T-Racks 3
Uhbik
Alloy 2
Nectar 2
Stutter Edit
(and again many others but these are most common for me)

Jon

Apart from Live 9 Suite / M4L, on heavy rotation at the moment:
Twisted Tools Ultraloop, Sugar Bytes Cyclops, New Sonic Arts Granite, Audio Damage Basic.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Microsoft Excel.

Does anyone have the cheat codes for Microsoft Calculator? I can't beat the multiplication stages.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

logic 9 + built-in stuff (esm, es2, channel eq, comp, space designer), albino 3, sylenth1 and waves c4

Daw: Jeskola Buzz

VSTi:
Oatmeal (still use it for about 90% of instruments)
Serum
OBXD
MiniMogueLUXUS-TD

VST:
FerricTDS
TesslaPro mkII
Ignite Amps Anvil
AXP SoftAmp 30D
Ozone
Molot
Limiter no. 6
LUFS meter

Pretty much everything else is native Buzz plugins.

Return to “Instruments”