Saving patches in Avatar

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Had this synth a while now. I really like most of the HGF synths, the Tiger, Percumat, and ST 21 in particular.
Have Avatar Pro installed on 64 bit Windows system using Samplitude Music Studio. No issues ever running most HGF synths ever but have this problem of creating and saving patch banks that do not accurately save the presets as programmed. Used lazy button on a patch bank, manipulated wav or sf2 files till i got the sound I like, saved it as an instrument using the patch manager functions. When i recall the instrument via load instrument, the sounds are different and it appears that it changed the mix of sf2 files.
I had made a bunch of patches twice or three times only to keep hitting this block. Any help or ideas would be welcome. I will check the manual again. I do not have this problem on any of the other HGF synths.

Still no feedback on my post. Any help would be welcome. Tried again and with the work flow i used again it this weekend made a nice pad saved as an instrument and named it, stayed in program, retrieved. The instrument, seemed to work correctly, made a few more. Exited the vst, re opened, retrieved saved instruments, no good, beautiful pad now ugly, sf files changed from original instrument.
Frustrated as i do not have this problem elsewhere.
Is there a work around.
I know the program removed now from HGF but i did pay for the instrument a while back even before it was discounted and would like to get the intended benefits of using it.
Waiting for some help.

most of his manuals have a hint like this one from Scapes Wizard 2
What might go unexpected:
1 - Loading an fxp file to 1st patch slot _may_ not work properly – this does not apply when loading an fxb bank file. Therefore it is advisable to load fxp starting from 2nd slot and then move one patch to 1st slot.

Also you should note any bank file can have only one sf2 file remembered per slot .. so loading an fxp file with different sf2 will change for the whole bank.

Thank you for the advice and feedback.
I will check this method out and review his manual again to see if i can make some progress.
Best regards

Making some positive progress now making and saving patches to new banks. Very nice synth from HGF although factory bank patches were not appealing to me and focused on darker and dissonant sounds. Having to experiment and explore to make patches more suited to my tastes but am pleased with some of the beautiful sounds and textures it is capable of. May release my patch bank if done before Christmas.

Completed and posted a patch bank for Avatar. Hope it is useful.

Return to “HG Fortune”