Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1786 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:14 pm

ronnyrydgren wrote:Is there a novation sl mk2 script that works with automap?
No, because it is not possible. To support Automap in Bitwig they would need to use the Novation programming libraries and integrate them into their software.

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1786 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:21 am

Version 2.0 is now online!

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html
Please read the updated Wiki documentation since the usage has changed quite a bit!

- New mode with Scene start / Drum Sequencer
- P1 ("Page" on the Zero) changes now modes of the selected row to better support the Zero model which does not have row selection buttons.
- Improved startup code to prevent the "Ableton is offline" message.
- Added LED feedback for Device Modulation page
- Fixed switching of track modes (normal, fx, master)
- Fixed switching to device mode.
- Fixed display redraw problem when changing track banks (with P2).

Enjoy!

penningt
KVRer
19 posts since 12 Mar, 2010

Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:45 am

moss wrote:Version 2.0 is now online!
- New mode with Scene start / Drum Sequencer
Enjoy!
Great job - can now launch scenes in play mode but how do I control transport in play mode? I am mainly thinking about the need to stop the song...

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1786 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:17 am

penningt wrote:
moss wrote:Version 2.0 is now online!
- New mode with Scene start / Drum Sequencer
Enjoy!
Great job - can now launch scenes in play mode but how do I control transport in play mode? I am mainly thinking about the need to stop the song...
Press Transport and then Stop.

User avatar
strovoknights
KVRist
387 posts since 22 Aug, 2014

Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:07 am

Yeah! :D
Great Script! :tu:
Many Thanks!
---Bitwig 3.0/ Live 10 Suite/ FL Studio 20/ Cubase 10/---
---VST Mappings for Bitwig---

User avatar
Redukt
KVRist
332 posts since 7 Nov, 2013

Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:25 am

Thanks Moss for an awesome script! I just yesterday decided to download and use it with my SL Mk1 keyboard i had lying around but for some reason until then i only used it with Automap... :ud:

Fantastic work, the level of control this gives me over Bitwig is astounding - i'm having lots of fun with this and the Launchpad. :clap: :clap: :clap:

One question, though: Would it be possible in the future to somehow get control over the "Automation write" button in the clip launcher?

pc999
KVRian
1342 posts since 19 Aug, 2009

Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:57 am

Nice!

Thank you!

machinesworking
KVRAF
1907 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:09 pm

moss wrote:
ronnyrydgren wrote:Is there a novation sl mk2 script that works with automap?
No, because it is not possible. To support Automap in Bitwig they would need to use the Novation programming libraries and integrate them into their software.
Question, do you mean that you can't get the DAW features to work with Automap? I mean that makes sense, but Automap should still be able to control an automapped instrument or FX in Bitwig with Automap? Or is this incompatible with Automap entirely? IE you can't push the Automap button and control instruments and FX etc.?

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1786 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:03 am

machinesworking wrote: Question, do you mean that you can't get the DAW features to work with Automap? I mean that makes sense, but Automap should still be able to control an automapped instrument or FX in Bitwig with Automap? Or is this incompatible with Automap entirely? IE you can't push the Automap button and control instruments and FX etc.?
The Automap wrapper should work since it is only a plugin itself. To integrate the other DAW control features you would as I said need to use and implement the Automap API in Bitwig. Since the Automap protocol uses a hidden midi port and is not documented it cannot be accessed from the Bitwig JavaScript API.

machinesworking
KVRAF
1907 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:08 pm

moss wrote: The Automap wrapper should work since it is only a plugin itself. To integrate the other DAW control features you would as I said need to use and implement the Automap API in Bitwig. Since the Automap protocol uses a hidden midi port and is not documented it cannot be accessed from the Bitwig JavaScript API.
Thought that's what you meant, so it's possible to switch from automated wrapped plug ins and this script then?
That would put Bigwig where Live is with Automap, it has it's own protocol, and you can jump to atomized plug ins if you want as well.

M-Prod
KVRist
234 posts since 1 Jun, 2005 from Zwolle, Netherlands

Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:31 am

Hi I would love to use this great script on the remote SK MKI, but it has no page, transport or preview buttons, so it seems i cannot enter the play mode and work with the step sequencer.
Is there a way to access the page function somewhere else?
A suggestion is to change the transport functions, since the MKI does have dedicated transport buttons, which means right now the transport functions works on both the zero location (below the faders) as well as MK1's dedicated buttons below those. I would also gladly sacrifyce the (shitty ;-) ) drum pads for extra functionality.

Thanks

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1786 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:03 pm

Smalish update is online for 1.1.6 compatibility.

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8788 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:11 pm

Would be ultra nice if the sliders would be available for the step sequencer to adjust pitch / gate / velocity

sonofzev
KVRer
7 posts since 1 Sep, 2014

Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:31 am

I have a novation zero sl mkii.. (when I start it up it is version 1.3.14)

I'm getting ye olde "Ableton is Offline" message.

I can see the devices in ALSA, and I have configured as explained in here (in 1 = Zero SL port 2 and in 2 = zero sl port 1 out = zer sl port 2)

Is this because I have an old version of the firmware (as noted above).. Or is there some internal settings I need to check?

cheers

Allan

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
1786 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:03 am

sonofzev wrote:I have a novation zero sl mkii.. (when I start it up it is version 1.3.14)

I'm getting ye olde "Ableton is Offline" message.

I can see the devices in ALSA, and I have configured as explained in here (in 1 = Zero SL port 2 and in 2 = zero sl port 1 out = zer sl port 2)

Is this because I have an old version of the firmware (as noted above).. Or is there some internal settings I need to check?

cheers

Allan
sorry, no idea. but trying the Firmware update is definitively a good idea.

Return to “Controller Scripting”