ValhallaVintageVerb

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Palio wrote:I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I tested Vintageverg 1.5b7 (Win 7 64bit, Cubase 7.5 64bit) and this VST doesn't recall VV 1.0.1 settings. When I open session, all VV instances restore to defaults.
This was mentioned over at Gearslutz, and the bug that causes it was mentioned in the Juce forum:

http://www.juce.com/forum/topic/host-do ... te-juce-v2

I have updated my Juce framework with the bug fix, and it will be incorporated into the next betas.

valhallasound wrote:
Palio wrote:I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I tested Vintageverg 1.5b7 (Win 7 64bit, Cubase 7.5 64bit) and this VST doesn't recall VV 1.0.1 settings. When I open session, all VV instances restore to defaults.
This was mentioned over at Gearslutz, and the bug that causes it was mentioned in the Juce forum:

I have updated my Juce framework with the bug fix, and it will be incorporated into the next betas.
Thank you. When the new version is available, I will request and test it.

Palio wrote:
valhallasound wrote:

Thank you. When the new version is available, I will request and test it.
The updated version is ready for testing:

http://valhalladsp.com/aax-request-form

Not sure what the exact issue is, but I'm posting this after months of not saying anything and getting another crash today that made me lose my entire project...VVV is one of the few plugins that will crash Ableton (happens ALL THE TIME)...mostly when changing reverb modes, sometimes when even opening the GUI. I haven't attempted to track down the exact circumstances yet...all I know is that I hold my breathe every time I open the plugin or change reverb modes while audio is playing.

marcoskohler wrote:Not sure what the exact issue is, but I'm posting this after months of not saying anything and getting another crash today that made me lose my entire project...VVV is one of the few plugins that will crash Ableton (happens ALL THE TIME)...mostly when changing reverb modes, sometimes when even opening the GUI. I haven't attempted to track down the exact circumstances yet...all I know is that I hold my breathe every time I open the plugin or change reverb modes while audio is playing.
Are you using the 1.5.0 release?

Yeah this happened today on 1.5.0

When I have time this week I'll try to find a way to reproduce...it's just something I have noticed and come to deal with the past few months.... <3 the sound though ...and who knows, Live 9 is super buggy...

marcoskohler wrote:Yeah this happened today on 1.5.0

When I have time this week I'll try to find a way to reproduce...it's just something I have noticed and come to deal with the past few months.... <3 the sound though ...and who knows, Live 9 is super buggy...
A few things to note here:

- The 1.5.0 build for OSX has an optimization flag that I turned off, -ffast_math. I also refactored the individual algorithms, so that the parameter calculations for an algorithm are in a different file from the audio code, and these are optimized differently (I'm not optimizing the parameter calculations at all). Since I made these changes to the code and optimization flags, I have only heard of one other crash report with VintageVerb on OSX.
- I have been working with Live 9 today, and it looks like it caches the VST state in a project. This is different from how Live 8 works. What this means is that an updated plugin may not fully update in a saved Live project. I don't know WHY or HOW this happens - it is just what I am observing while working on a new plugin today.

I would be interested to see if you get crashes in new Live 9 projects, or if this only happens when opening up an old project. Either way, if you continue to get crashes, please send me an email w/the crash report and I'll take a look at what is going on.

Sean Costello

So is 1.5.0 officially out now?
(not beta)

If so, how can one download it?

Novalis wrote:So is 1.5.0 officially out now?
(not beta)

If so, how can one download it?
1.5.0 is officially out. I sent a Mail Chimp email to all 1st hand purchasers of the plugin, with the links to the updates. If you didn't get this:

- check your Spam folder, just to make sure it wasn't put somewhere weird.
- send me an email requesting the links.

In the next week or so, I plan on importing all customers into the Valhalla user account system. Once this happens, people will be able to download the latest plugin updates from their account, as well as their keyfiles.

Sean Costello

Thanks!

I bought VVV here in the market place, so that may be the reason I didn't get an e-mail.
I'm looking forward to try the new algorithms.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”