Can Air Drums be used without trigger finger pro?

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Trigger Finger Pro

I assume air drums is really an Air Music Tech plugin. Anyone know if it can be used like a normal vsti or am I really stuck with using it within arsenal that comes with trigger finger pro?

At this time it is bundled with Arsenal we hope to make a stand alone version in the future.
Digital Team

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

That would be great. I like air drums, it's a nice simple drum sampler without all the fluff that's in most other drum machines these days. I really like Strike as well but if I want to move along quickly from some samples and write the drum tracks in a piano roll Air would be quicker than Strike for me anyway.

Arsenal is.... well... not that good. It's a great idea but the implementation is wonky at best. I really wish arsenal worked better but I don't see that happening. There are problems with it finding some vsti's and problems with it finding patches to load and when it crashes when scanning it's hard to get it to fix itself. I've also had it say the number of presets for a vsti was 0, kill the midi track, create a new midi track and it thinks the preset has a different number of presets and on and on. The scanning and two file paths is just strange, when it scans presets is odd. If arsenal can find a vsti but can't load any presets for it there is no way to edit the vsti in arsenal at all.

The ability to save the controller settings along with the vsti on the track is awesome but the patch browsing and the processing around it are a mess. At least in Cubase I think a better approach would be to build arsenal as a midi plugin instead of a vsti but I have no idea if that would translate to other DAWs and it wouldn't work for standalone mode.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”