Support Issue - CRAP

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi, just done an upgrade to windows 10, everything works fine except i need to re-authorise my air instrument expansion pack. when i try i get the message 'exceeded maximum number of authorisations'.

On the air music website it says get in touch if you need extra authorisations which ive done, had one reply to many requests for help saying i only have 2 activations, i asked so i cannot now use the AIEP now.. no response and several support requests later still no answer.

so ive come on here now after 2 weeks of no responses so if anyone from air music on here that can help

appreciated.

anthony
Last edited by tonymax on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Contact Simon at sbangs at inmusicbrands dot com

Sorry you have been missed! Please do drop me a line another way to get more authorizations if your using a version before 2.0.4 is to request a 2.0.4 code at www.airmusictech.com/promocodes
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Hi Simon, sorry for the rant, i had v 2.04, but downloaded the latest version 2.05, does that require new serials?

I've already tried that link you provided before, i got sent the same serials i had before but cannot authorise as it says I've exceeded the max of 2 activations, i asked if it was possible to reset or give me another activation but got the reply in only allowed 2 activations with no other offer of help.

Any help appreciated

Thank you

Please can you drop me an email sbangs at inmusicbrands dot com
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX

sbangs_air wrote:Please can you drop me an email sbangs at inmusicbrands dot com
I'm sick and tired of not getting any response or solution to that problem with your plugins and high resolution screens. We were promised that your team would come up with a solution this summer and now the summer has past and nothing has happend. Not even a single reply. And it's more than a year since this problem was reported.

We are people having paid for plugins we can't use. It's not like a tiny bug. It's a bug that makes all the plugins unusable.

If you want to maintain a minimum of credability I suggest that you respond to the thread at airmusictech and tells us when you will solve this problem.

http://community.airmusictech.com/airmu ... op-scaling?

Hello, this is very much still being worked on but is a significant undertaking.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

sbangs_air wrote:Hello, this is very much still being worked on but is a significant undertaking.
That might be - but your employee promised in that thread that you were "working intensively" on a solution and it would be finished this summer. Now the summer ended and people including myself calls for a respond in that thread but nobody answers.

Furthermore I have seen other vendors having this specific problem too also but they solved it in no time.

I find it rather strange that you have no problem in releasing new plugins but fixing unusable plugins are too work intensive?

To be honest I would rather have paid more for the plugins and then have gotten reliable products and reliable support.

You cannot always predict with absolute certainty how long things could take. Often unforeseen circumstances happen which delay things. AIR employee shouldn't have commited himself to any date.

EvilDragon wrote:You cannot always predict with absolute certainty how long things could take. Often unforeseen circumstances happen which delay things. AIR employee shouldn't have commited himself to any date.
No that's true. I can understand that a bug can take a month or two to fix. But more than a year?? :o I don't understand how hard it can be.

Open Visual Studio's debugger and debug with attach to process or what ever development environment and debugger Air uses to trace bugs. Set some breakpoints in the code and trace what goes wrong when maximizing the plugins.

This is not rocket science. It's a basic task. And it's the exact same bug in every plugin so when traced and solved in one plugin it's solved for the rest of the plugins.

I'd like to se solutions - not excuses. I think we have been patient enough.

sbangs_air wrote:Please can you drop me an email sbangs at inmusicbrands dot com
did you receive any of the 2 emails and 2 pms ive sent since this message, still no resolution to my problem

thanks

Tony

sbangs_air wrote:Hello, this is very much still being worked on but is a significant undertaking.
Here is a fine description of how to make an application DPI-aware. Took me about 10 minutes to google it:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx

That's not quite the same thing as in VST plugins, though - it's not as easy as explained there, since OS settings have little to do with how the plugin draws its GUI - it's plugin that needs to take care on how it draws its GUI, not OS. Especially if plugin's GUI is created only using bitmapped graphics, that's gonna look like shit when zoomed up anways. Graphics need to be completely redone in that case, and that CAN be quite an ordeal.

I know that the the plugin draws it's own GUI, but when the plugin initializes it disables high dpi scaling for Cubase as host. There are obviously some calls that affect the rendering of Cubase in Windows. How it is possible to program a plugin that destroys Cubase's DPI scaling without being able to quickly make a workaround is beyond me. If it only were Air plugins that had this issue but affecting the whole environment and all other plugins is just a disaster.

Look at other developers. DiscoDSP have changed their GUIs to fit to the requirements of modern DAWS and screens. You can choose 3 different gui sizes depending on you screen size and resolution. And their plugins NEVER interfered with Cubase. I've never seen anything like this where a plugin mess up the host?!

And yes you are right. A zoom up bitmap is going to look like shit if you use the same bitmaps. But doesn't air have original image source files they can rescale? In any Image editing program you can rescale an image while keeping the proportions. So what's the problem?

Tell me, why is it that Air plugins have this problem when all other large developers either haven't had a single problem or took care of it right away?

I can only think of two reasons. Either this problem is due to poor planning and programming making an update and change a substantial task. Or this problem hasn't been solved because the priority has been development of new plugins instead of solving bugs that make current plugins unusable. Or maybe it's a combination??

That's exactly what I thought. No answer. Thanks for proofing my point. Others be warned.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”