Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

fmr wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
VitaminD wrote:download is creeping at around 80 kb/s ..guess I'll go prepare dinner. :hihi:
If you download all the demos, which I've done, can't you just buy the collection and then activate them without having to download some humongous file? I'm assuming the demos are the same DLL without the activation code and once entered in will function fully.

No?
Yes
That's what I figured. Thanks.

Just trying out the new Analog Lab. There's a bit of an issue with the Solina. Some of the parameter names are too long to fit.

I'm kind of hit or miss on the Synclavier. On the one hand, there are some cool patches, on the other hand, it sounds noisy for me and very much like simple FM. I don't know that it's wroth digging into yet.

miniV 3 update is quite an update.. the filter especially sounds different to my ears.. more resonanty and punchy. I like it.

Strangely, I think might still use v2 for certain sounds just because it sounds more up front... middy and a bit more harsh (for lack of a more illustrative term).

the V3, to me, is rounder in sound.. smoother..

the fact that you recognise there's digging that could be done is probably reason enough to do some digging.

#zen

The two update licenses I purchased are still in pending state (in my account).
Are they going to activate it manually? Or I need to do something? I thought it would be activated instantly in Arturia Software Center, but they still show as demos.

EnGee wrote:The two update licenses I purchased are still in pending state (in my account).
Are they going to activate it manually? Or I need to do something? I thought it would be activated instantly in Arturia Software Center, but they still show as demos.

It was a good 40 minutes between ordering and registering due to the lonngg download. Please note they are swamped at the moment so that could be partly it.. if you are using the latest installer and have already ordered (and it shows as such on your account through their website) then try the software center again.

I just played around a bit with the Mini V demo. Was a bit underwhelmed i must admit, but NI set the standard quite high with Monark. The new GUI is great i must say. 90% GUI size already fills out the whole screen on 1920x1080 resolution. :D Also like the way it extends, and pulls in when you click in the upper part of the GUI. The fx section and other elements are well made too. As i wrote, not so stoked on the sound, the filter is a bit tame, and the distortion sounds quite static, predictable.

I couldn't figure out how to fine tune the oscillators against each other. Probably did something wrong though...

Just from the piano, I'd suck up the $199 upgrade cost, but this looks SO GOOD! Finally can have a Jupiter without moving the screen

VitaminD wrote:
EnGee wrote:The two update licenses I purchased are still in pending state (in my account).

It was a good 40 minutes between ordering and registering due to the lonngg download. Please note they are swamped at the moment so that could be partly it.. if you are using the latest installer and have already ordered (and it shows as such on your account through their website) then try the software center again.
Yes I think they are busy. Good for them ;)

I did compare a little bit the new ARP and the SEM with those in V4. I didn't notice that difference. The ARP still aliasing a lot. The SEM might have been improved. Difficult to say as it sounds very good from the start. Anyway, I haven't a problem with the previous SEM interface, in fact it looks nicer than the new one!

Arp2600V has a very nice interface now but only if they improved the quality of the sound, it would be a killer synth.

Daags wrote:the fact that you recognise there's digging that could be done is probably reason enough to do some digging.

#zen
No, that makes no sense to me at all. Digging is an investment of my time for which I expect a value return in some way. It's always relative to other instruments that I have, or, that I might have. I'm not nostalgic for the Synclavier. It's only interest to me is related to how interesting it is as a synthesizer in it's own right. On paper, it seems cool, I'm just not yet convinced by the demo that it's worth spending a lot of time programming it.

As I said, many of the patches sound noisy, and the patches that make use of FM have that familiar simpleness that I've heard in other simple FM architectures. The EP patches, for example, didn't impress me at all.

Also, after now demoing the B3, I agree with the previous poster, it is not NI's B4 at all. I'm going to try it with external effects. But, yeah, it's not blowing me away at this point.

it makes zense.

I will say that the long download times are great for cooling down any GAS fever that one might have. Not impressed by the B3, also not impressed by the Stage73. The piano I would actually use, but I would spend a lot of money to get it, so, it doesn't get counted in the value judgement. The arturia recordings of the Farfisa convinced me that it's somewhat accurate, a bad thing, I'm not a Farfisa fan, I'm not even going to demo it.

I remember thinking that I wouldn't bother updating V3, but then I repeated this process and changed my mind. I don't think that I will this time, I don't really program the other synths anyway other than a little tweaking, and, if they haven't improved the quality of the filters then I don't particularly care. I never use the MiniV, that's Monark/Diva territory for me.

I'll play with the Syncalvier demo a bit more and listen to what other people do with and maybe change my mind when Arturia comes back down to earth on their upgrade prices.

There goes the update to Geist 2 - very cool update from Arturia.

/C
BROKEN TECHNO for OMNISPHERE
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “Instruments”