ConcertBrass2: Kontakt analyzing samples long winding each time for French Horns

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

opening Trombones or Trumpets (resaved) just takes a few seconds. However opening French Horns takes half a minute because everytime it analyzes all the samples. Resaving does not help. Whats the problem with this instrument, how can I get rid of this?

Thanks & Cheers

Nobody has knowledge about this?

This issue was brought up before on the old forum. Apparently there's nothing to be done to speed up the load other than move the library to a SSD. Why? Only Kirk knows for sure. Worth the wait IMO, however ;)
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

Ah thanks for the answer, even if negative. Yeah definitely worth the wait, but I think it's just idiotic not to save those "analysis" results somewhere so it doesn't have to be done each time.

The way I understand it, the reason Kirk's newer libraries (Concert Brass 2, Concert Strings 3, etc.) take so long to load is less to do with how Kirk programmed these libraries, but more to do with how Kontakt 5's compression file format operates when it is opened. CB2, CS3, etc. all use a NCW compressed file format, while the older libraries use uncompressed WAV files. The process of decompression during loading is what takes the extra time. The advantage is that it uses comparatively less disk space. I understand a lot of developers are now using this compressed file format for their new Kontakt-based libraries.

Steve

I don't think it is that. The extra analysis is done by the AET filter. Apparently it is only used in the French Horns. Seems to be a "not very much optimized" insert effect from NI.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”