Polaris, a new echo-reverb

Official support for: audiority.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Polaris

Sounds fantastic! Thank you!

Hey, has anyone had their DAW crash when this plug-in was in use? I could play with all my other plug-ins and sounds for hours on end but as soon as I apply the Polaris plug-in to anything for a few moments, my DAW completely crashes. I am currently running MainStage 3 and have Version 1.1.1 of the Polaris plug-in. I really, really like how this plug-in sounds and want to solve this issue. Any advice guys?

Hey Jake,
I'm sorry for the issue. Please can you save the crash log in a text file and send it over? I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks,
Luca

I'm new to Polaris, but love the work in the new 1.4 version - thanks.

I do have a question though, when "zooming" into Diffusion the knobs for Diff 2, 6, 9, 10, 12 make noise when adjusting them while all the others are perfectly quiet?

This also happens with the all of the Early Reflections Time adjustment knobs.....seeing a trend with "Time" adjustments and have the feeling this has to do with this particular type of function.

Hi,

thanks for the heads up. I'm looking into this.

Cheers,
Luca

This is likely user error on my part. The preset btw was Naked Studio and now with headphones on I see that this effects all presets and is likely "normal." For what it's worth, I'm on Bitwig 1.3.9 and Windows 10

Luca, this looks really promising, could replace a whole sweet of viking themed dsp plugs for me. Can you please explain what the width knob does? The manual says "ping pong," but I can't get it to ping pong for the life of me, although it does seem to do something -- turning it up, in fact, seems to thin out the echoes a bit, almost as if it's doing a kind of mid-side processing and only echoing the side when you have it turned up to 100%.
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

Hi,
the width parameter works best when only the Echo part of Polaris is used (with very low or zero ER and Diffusion).
If ER and Diffusion are prominent, the Width effect will be pretty much buried by the reverb tail.

Cheers,
Luca

It turns out it was something on my end, and I don't know what! I tore down and re-created the instrument track in Cubase and this time it worked exactly as I expected it too. You can still hear it with a little bit of ER and Diffusion, and it sounds phenomenal!

Thanks for the conversation guys, I learned something about Polaris today making my purchase even more valuable :)

It may sound naive but I never considered pulling down Early Reflections and Diffusion to zero. It's kind of horrible being a music composition noob at 53 years old, then again....yay, I'm a noob at with an amazing hobby.

you're never too old to learn a language, play golf, or make music!

:-()-:
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Hi Luca I'm a little hesitant with the black friday, I wanted to know if there was an update planned for the polaris? With the addition of the vst3 version and if more things can be added? :)

Hi Pierre,
absolutely. All plugins are being updated during the next months, including Polaris.

Cheers,
Luca

Return to “Audiority”