Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone knows about UVI license transfer ? It's not mentionned in their FAQ section.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Boone777 wrote:Anyone knows about UVI license transfer ? It's not mentionned in their FAQ section.
viewtopic.php?p=6474012
For me it was no problem! The guys from uvi did their job very well and super fast :tu:
Ah, i forget, the ones from PACE too :D
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

Does anyone know the deal with license transfers for Sonicprojects? I'm thinking of selling my OP-X II Pro.

I did a search and a few have been sold here, but I didn't see anything on their website about it.

Bit p***ed off at Tone2 TBH. Not only that their plugins get NFR after resale, no, you have to buy a transfer token which doesn't cost 19,90 €, but almost 24 € after paying VAT on top of that, which isn't included in the price! Then you have to wait a couple of days until the transfer token gets processed, then send them a mail to initiate the license transfer process, which then has to be done by Tone2, and also takes a couple of days, as i have experienced last time i bought one of their plugins used... seriously, what is that, chicanery? Can't believe i pay them 24 € for such a lazy, small amount of work. Seriously, i get less than 1/3 of the new price because of the transfer fee, and then have to wait my butt off for them to do some 5 minutes work for an hourly wage. That's not fair at all. Why make the plugins resellable at all then? So, yeah, that's my rant for today. To whom it may concern...

Lotuzia wrote:Xils-Lab

Free-No Fees
Hi,

I need to correct some half-truth that Xils-Lab are publising in some forums.
They claim that they are no taking any fees for transfer their licenses but this is a half-truth.
First: everybody knows that if you use iLok you have to pay a fee that it is not cheap at all.
Second: What happen if you have an iLok and you bought a Xils-Lab product from another person and the license is contined in a eLicenser? Nothing special because Xils-Lab takes 15 EUR to cancel the license in the eLicenser that you bought to transfer the new one to your iLok.
But here it comes the biggest issue: What happen if you want the products in the eLicenser that you bought in second hand to register it in the Xils-Lab database in case that the eLicenser goes broken and you need to recuperate your licenses? The answer is NOTHING of NOTHING!! Due to no money is involved in this case they don't answer your mails any more. I can publish here my mails between me and Xavier at Xils-Lab and you can confirm this.
That means that you are not only taking trouble using an eLicensser or Ilok but that you never get any response when they can't take money from you. So think twice before you are buying a product from Xils-Lab.
I am not saying that they are bad products but you can get similar and even better with a better and more transparent aftersale policy.
I am so sorry for this but what Xils-Lab saying on License transfer fee is a half-truth.
I will sale all my products from this company and forget them forever!
//Alex

VirtuAlex_ wrote: First: everybody knows that if you use iLok you have to pay a fee that it is not cheap at all.
Second: What happen if you have an iLok and you bought a Xils-Lab product from another person and the license is contined in a eLicenser? Nothing special because Xils-Lab takes 15 EUR to cancel the license in the eLicenser that you bought to transfer the new one to your iLok.
Xils is practically the only company that provides a choice of eLicenser and iLok. You bought a licence using a system that lets you transfer the licences for nothing simply by switching them between two USB keys to one that does charge you for transfers and then complain about the fee to switch to the systems that guarantees you have to pay a fee. Okaaay.

Mind you, it's handy to know they'll do it for a fee as I assumed the license was locked to one or the other once you've made the choice.

Anyone knows how things are with content of Nine Volt Audio? Their license says it may not be transferred. But now that the company is gone, does that rule still apply?

Thanks for info!

Anyone else having troubles with the payment of iLok transfers? I've tried several credit cards but it doesn't work. Nothing wrong with the cards.

Aubrey Lamont wrote:
Breeze wrote:
Aubrey Lamont wrote:I've seen ToneBoosters products being sold here, but my email from ToneBoosters (containing the license keys) states: "The download consists of (a) zipped, non-transferrable registration key file(s) to upgrade
evaluation versions to fully-functional registered plugins."

Has the developer stated otherwise on these forums?
Ask them directly what their transfer and resale policy is. Sometimes you can transfer the licenses but the dev will emit a new license to the new owner and blacklist the old one to make sure it can never be legally used again (hence "unique"). Please let us know what they tell you. ;)
From Jeroen:

"If you find a new licensee, transfer your key files
to him/her, delete them from your own system, and provide me with the
contact details of the new licensee."
add: transfer fee is 6,99€

I interacted with reFX today, and there is a lot of old information on this forum about transferring their old (non-Nexus) products.

This is the most accurate info as of 2016 (whether we like it or not):

- They allow transferring Nexus, since it's safely copy-protected on an eLicenser.
- They DO NOT allow transferring ANY other legacy products (such as Vanguard, plasticz, etc).

Why don't they allow transfers of legacy products? In their own words: Their copy protection is weak (just a serial), so they cannot guarantee that you have stopped using the license after selling it. So to prevent abuse they disallow all transfers of their old serial-based products.

Myth: People (even reFX support themselves in the past) have claimed that you CAN transfer licenses bought before the EULA was changed to prohibiting license transfers. Or that you can transfer it if your license was bought in the EU.

Truth: Some people were able to sell their licenses for a short period due to mistakes by Jessica, one of their ex-support staff. It's true that the oldest EULAs didn't prohibit license transfers. But even the oldest EULA had a clause that says that you are bound by all future modifications to the EULA too (most companies write such a clause in their EULAs and it's legal to do so). So the newest EULA is the one that you are bound to regardless of when you purchased - and the newest EULA prohibits license transfers. This change might not stand up in court (since it is a substantial loss of resale rights), but who has time to fight a court battle for a 100 dollar license? Moreover, reFX are going against EU laws (which say that you are allowed to resell all software, even digital downloads), but then again reFX are famous for being utter dicks to their paying customers so this shouldn't surprise anyone.

More fun info: Vanguard is 100% discontinued, and there will never be a Vanguard 2. This has been verified to me and many others. So don't hold out hope. I got the reply loud and clear: Vanguard is 100% dead.

Probably because they're milking Nexus, and because their only real coding talent, the guy who wrote Vanguard, left to form Tone2 (http://www.tone2.com) alone instead, to get away from that "Michael" assburger who runs reFX like the third reich and acts like all of his customers are the untermensch. Too harsh of a description? Nah, it's nothing compared to what Michael did to scare away his customers. He's infamous for being awful to deal with. There's a reason they don't have a public forum here at KVR anymore.

In short: Buy their products at your own risk.
Love. :tu:

So, I have no intention of getting rid of ANY of my Spitfire audio stuff (I own a ton). Just idling wondering: WOULD it be possible to simply give someone your account details (login etc.), and effectively sell the libraries? Forgive me if this has been asked before.
Ha ha suck it!

Reaper / Cockos

..haven't found any info here so I thought I'd add it:

You are allowed to sell the Reaper license but it becomes NFR thereafter.

Just wanted to reconfirm the UVI process for anyone wondering: I had to pay $25 to transfer my license through the iLok manager. From there UVI is notified and the license is transferred. It took 3 days because of the weekend. I'd think weekdays would go quicker.

Positive Grid don't allow sales:
Maines (Positive Grid)
Nov 21, 17:00 CST

Hi Paul,
Thanks for writing back.

Unfortunately, unless you're simply gifting the license, or we don't allow any second-hand selling or any other similar business activities.

Best regards,
Maines

Positive Grid Support
www.positivegrid.com

thought it might be helpful to mention here that PluginBoutique now allows for license transfers "of selected products" (sorry, didn't ask for clarification on that. i'm assuming that they don't allow it for stuff like sample libraries or cases where the developer doesn't allow it themselves).

i saw someone had recently listed 'VirtualCZ' for sale and asked the seller if they ok'd the sale with PluginBoutique. he copied/pasted his email conversation with them, saying that it was ok to do so. the other night i finally got around to asking them myself via their online chat. they said that they do allow it now in certain cases (see above), and that this was a recent change of policy.

might be good news to some people, i was pretty pissed a while back to find that i might not be able to sell/transfer a license just because i bought a product from them instead of direct from the developer or elsewhere.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”