Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

abique wrote:OK. Next week I work for u-he, so I'll dig into that! :)
Cheers my friend! I bought it after the 1st beta was fixed with the patch, so I really hope all will be well :love:

David Else wrote:I am afraid the new Repro-1-5279 has broken the magic patch!

[...]

but now it doesn't work again, and the patch doesn't fix it any more. when i run the script nothing changes now.
If you did not uninstall the old version but simply installed the new version of the plugin, the script will not apply the patch again (~/.u-he/Repro/dialog.64.real and ~/.u-he/Repro/dialog.32.real already exist).

If you delete those files the script will swizzle the dialog application again. Or simply start from a clean slate: uninstall Repo, re-install it, then run the script.

hope that helps.

Having some good fun running Hive in both wine/reaper,
and qtractor, a poormans torture test, but the two Daws
seem to get along just fine together, and the linux ports
work very well. Makes possible a much wider
conglomerate of effects choices, if the need/desire should exist.
Not that Hive itself is lacking effects.

Zebra2, Hive, and Zynaddsubfx really sound well together,
and each adds particular strengths to ones creativity.
Good times! When the dust settles, I think I'll make
a hydrogen kit or two of nice cymbal sounds from the trio.
cheers

x42 wrote:
David Else wrote:I am afraid the new Repro-1-5279 has broken the magic patch!

[...]

but now it doesn't work again, and the patch doesn't fix it any more. when i run the script nothing changes now.
If you did not uninstall the old version but simply installed the new version of the plugin, the script will not apply the patch again (~/.u-he/Repro/dialog.64.real and ~/.u-he/Repro/dialog.32.real already exist).

If you delete those files the script will swizzle the dialog application again. Or simply start from a clean slate: uninstall Repo, re-install it, then run the script.

hope that helps.
THANKS! This fixed it again!

abique, please could you make the new installers do whatever this patch does, or make sure that this patch will always work on new versions... cheers :)

abique wrote:OK. Next week I work for u-he, so I'll dig into that! :)
Congratulations on getting hired as an employee! :)
Feel free to call me Brian.

Hey guys. I've been playing around with build 5279 of Repro-1, and my DSP Load seems like it's crazy high for a monosynth. Even sitting idle, my DSP percentage averages between 13-22%. Only the hungriest Bazille patches do that to my system most of the time. If I enable the sleepy option, it still sits between 10-15% DSP load.I cant think of any good reason why this would be happening. Here's my system specs:

Ubuntu 14.04.3 x64
4.4.0-47-generic #68-Ubuntu
Cadence frontend for JACK2; pulseaudio deactivated
soundcard: Presonus 1818vsl
Processor: Intel Core i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz × 4 i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz × 4
RAM: 8GB
Video: Intel Sandybridge Mobile; 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Control

If there's something useful that I have left out, please let me know and I'll get you the info!

TS
...If you have to fix it with a computer: quantized, pitch corrected, and overly inspected, then you can't do it, and I can't get behind that!
-Henry Rollins; I Can't Get Behind That-from William Shatner's, "Has Been"

Don't let Urs read you referring to his baby as 'a monosynth' :hihi:

Your cpu use is probably fine, I checked mine to make sure,
it's just the nature of the beas -err, I mean Urs's Baby :wink:

Just in case, install

indicator-cpufreq

It puts a cpu speedometer in the tray, click, and you can modify
some cpu settings as needed. Very handy. There is a
gkrellm-cpufreq also.

You might also try a Periods/Buffer setting
of 3, if your device is usb/firewire

Is qjackctl audio priority setting at 89?
That's the maximum, if your

/etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf

is configured like this:

@audio - rtprio 99
@audio - memlock unlimited
@audio - nice -19

You need that 99 to use 89 in qjackctl

You can run top or htop system monitor at a fresh boot,
and see if any villains are running.

An RT or low-latency kernel sure wouldn't hurt.
I'm using 4.2.0-19-lowlatency #23~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT
(from kx repo most likely)

You could also boot up an AVlinux dvd, install repro-1
in the session, and compare notes.
There is some 'idle' setting now for saving cpu in some
circumstances, probably discussed towards the recent part
of the Repro topic in Instruments forum, (off the front page now)
or the new one in newer Repro topic in the main U-he forum.
Good luck.

glokraw wrote:Don't let Urs read you referring to his baby as 'a monosynth' :hihi:

Your cpu use is probably fine, I checked mine to make sure,
it's just the nature of the beas -err, I mean Urs's Baby :wink:

You know, that just made me go back just to see if I missed an obvious place to choose the number of voices this thing could do... :dog: :hihi:

My settings are almost the same as what you posted, I was just surprised that my DSP spiked so much. I'm just wrapping up a quick project, and it's got 5 Tyrells, 4 Zebras, 4 Bazilles, and 6 HIves- and 48% is the highest number I've seen in this project as far as DSP goes.

I suppose RePro-1's high processor demand is just the price we pay for really great sounds. Thanks for the help anyway!

TS
...If you have to fix it with a computer: quantized, pitch corrected, and overly inspected, then you can't do it, and I can't get behind that!
-Henry Rollins; I Can't Get Behind That-from William Shatner's, "Has Been"

Nice, the gtk dialog issue seems fixed in todays 1.0 5332 :)

Now, I have licenses for Diva (and the Performer Soundset), Uhbik, Presswerk and Repro-1. It has never been easier and better to have a Linux based sound studio. :-)

josander wrote:... It has never been easier and better to have a Linux based sound studio. :-)
Agree++.

Hey Jo, I hope you get a bunch of time off for the holidays ! :)

Best,

dp

StudioDave wrote:
Hey Jo, I hope you get a bunch of time off for the holidays ! :)
Hi Dave!

After some years, my current basic system consists of: Natural drums NDK via Linuxsampler, The u-he stuff, Mixbus32C, my guitars, some friends that are really good at singing (almost as good as you!), PG-8X via Carla, Pianoteq and some controllers: Edirol PCR-800, Roland A-88 and a few more goodies. Plus around one week only for my own projects -yes it should come noise other than mixes from me now this holidays!

Thanks, I hope you also will have time to make good music and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :-)

Jostein

Hi the good folks at u-he!

Will the "Physical Modeling Drum Synth" make it here as well in the future? I'm eager to use it, it's no modeling system that can play, sound, feel and act like a real drummer for Linux at the moment.

I'm using Natural Drum Kit together with Linuxsampler at the moment, this sounds great but the workflow is not straight forward. Drumgizmo is not there yet (but I believe it's coming), the lack of a reasonable way of handling for example hi hat openness is one of the parts that's missing.

So, u-he: please, help? :-)

josander wrote:Hi the good folks at u-he!

Will the "Physical Modeling Drum Synth" make it here as well in the future? I'm eager to use it, it's no modeling system that can play, sound, feel and act like a real drummer for Linux at the moment.

I'm using Natural Drum Kit together with Linuxsampler at the moment, this sounds great but the workflow is not straight forward. Drumgizmo is not there yet (but I believe it's coming), the lack of a reasonable way of handling for example hi hat openness is one of the parts that's missing.

So, u-he: please, help? :-)
We're very far from a final product... in fact we're concentrating on the PM aspects of Zebra for now, in order to learn more about solutions for a drum synthesizer later on.

A question: On my 64bit Debian Jessie Box in Bitwig Studio almost all U-He plugins crashing with a right click - so I`m not able to resize - also the "preferences-dialog" is very problematic and a click can crash the plugin.

What Linux distro was used for compiling?

And is there any further development? No new test builds since a long time - (I have access to betaforum / penguin)
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

Return to “u-he”