Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

I was chatting about Z3 in another thread, thought I'd copy/paste my comment:

"For me, workflow improvements are what I want out of it. For example, Zebra can do additive and wavetables, but it's a bit clumsy compared to doing it in Serum. An improved editor would be nice. Also, as some of the u-he tutorial videos show, there are some workarounds for transferring modulation data to another patch -- but it would be nice to be able to save modulation presets and simply open them in another patch rather than go through the ticky-tacky workarounds."

Odds are, things along those lines have been mentioned already, but thought I'd add it anyway :ud:

:tu:

The Clock knob on Repro-1 works so well. So much easier to dial in different timings quickly than a drop down menu. It encourages you to try out more of the settings and you find interesting things happening effortlessly. Also seeing your settings displayed in the main LCD panel as you change them is so much nicer than the small drop-down menu text with the stark white background. It makes for a more enjoyable AND productive experience using the software. Win win.

Please can you replace as many drop-down menus as possible in Zebra and Diva with knobs/dials like this. :wink:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Was doing some sounddesign stuff hour ago and run out of MSEGs. I have to add other instance of Z2 instead of keeping all in the same patch.

I think it's good idea to allow have more than 4 MSEGs for cases like this.
Murderous duck!

Good day!
I'm new to audio synthesis. Recently while I with an interest try various synthesizers, but when faced with a zebra, I have come to a complete delight! The logic and the possibilities of this synthesizer are simply stunning! As the gradually matures new version of the synthesizer have come to me some ideas that are I think might be interesting:
-The ability to modulation the configuration "Glide" and "Range". It allows you to add a very interesting gameplay. (Such a possibility is, in the Massive).
-3-5 any number of votes in the oscillator.
-The ability to modulate The width of unison. Ability to change the position of votes relative to each other, the ability to modulate this parameter. The possibility of phase shift in unison (.. and the modulation of this parameter).
-The ability to change the inharmonicity (as in piano the string) - harmonics shift and stretch (or have such an opportunity?). The ability to move the harmonic relation to each other. Modulation of these parameters.
-Possibility of interaction with other harmonics holding down of notes (as well as in the strings of the piano)
-Visual feedback (with extremely economical attitude to computer resources)
Sorry for my English (translation google).
Thank you!

so this is the new Zebra 2 GUI ? :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yep, pretty much!

interesting colour choices :neutral:

edit:
Urs wrote:Work In Progress.
fair enough.
it does look a lot more clearer.
Last edited by andresnol on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elektronisch wrote:so this is the new Zebra 2 GUI ? :D
Work In Progress.

(it' such a huge project, we're actually developing new UI elements for it)

Urs wrote:(it' such a huge project, we're actually developing new UI elements for it)
Ooh, ooh, which ones? :)

Request: Please for the Save button use a floppy picture like in Repro-1. :tu:

And I prefer 'Patches' to 'Presets'.

Also I like the Save button where it is now on the left side, not on the right side...and put the Zebra title back on the right side...actually don't change my Zebra at all!
Last edited by spunkmuffin on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow it's Rev.5374! I'm still using Rev.3898. What have you been doing to it? Looks mostly the same. What's new under the hood? :o

spunkmuffin wrote:Wow it's Rev.5374! I'm still using Rev.3898. What have you been doing to it? Looks mostly the same. What's new under the hood? :o
Just a wild guess, when you have a team working on something actively the rev number can go up quite a lot in a short time, especially if you try to keep every commit/push small / single subject (which is usually considered good practice) instead of pushing a days or several days of work at once. Makes for easier rollback, bugfixing ans so forth. Much of it is probably artwork that's being added and iterated as well.

mrj1nx wrote: Just a wild guess, when you have a team working on something actively the rev number can go up quite a lot in a short time, especially if you try to keep every commit/push small / single subject (which is usually considered good practice) instead of pushing a days or several days of work at once. Makes for easier rollback, bugfixing ans so forth. Much of it is probably artwork that's being added and iterated as well.
Probably U-He uses some kind of Continuous Integration tool/workflow, each build is incremented by 1, I guess.

Return to “u-he”