help with sidechaining

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
I've seen one or two videos on sidechaining in Mulab using Mudrum. Briefly, a kick drum is in mudrum and the output from mudrum is routed to the level limiter, as is the synth that you want to compress. My question is how do you modify this if mudrum is playing a complete drum part and not just a kick drum? I would only want the kick drum to trigger the compressor/limiter. The problem as I see it is that on the modular area in mulab, Mudrum only shows Output1. If it showed Outputs 2, 3 and 4 then the kick drum could be separately routed and used for sidechain compression.

thanks

I usually use a setup like this:
In Mudrum,connect the pad 1 output to the rack 2 input,
in the rack 2 >right click on a slot> insert module> send> output 4
set the Rack 2 output to "Rack1"
now in the modular area you have the kick for the sidechain from the Mudrum output 4.

you can check the attached example,maybe it's better than my words :)
MuProject-20170225-192037.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi, thanks.
I'm still on MuLab 6. Unfortunately in v6 when you go to the modular area (Mux?), MuDrum only exposes Output 1. In fact, in Mux all racks are treated the same, exposing Output 1 and 6 sends. In v7 Mux it actually shows the device's outputs and not the racks. I guess this is my problem. I downloaded v7 and I can see that in the modular area on v7 you actually get access to outputs 1-4.

Return to “MUTOOLS”