Logic X sounds better than Ableton Live?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

incubus wrote:Ableton live does sound like ass. And I have the projects to prove it! :hihi:

(uploaded to soundcloud, of course)

Science, f**k yeah!

I dunno, if you get past all the haters (both sides) then it is an interesting subject. A null is a null, but pan laws and the like can give illusions.

I've always asked this question, with great trolling of course ( :hihi: ) but how can you have 1's and 0's do so many different things and hosts are just the same?

incubus wrote:I dunno, if you get past all the haters (both sides) then it is an interesting subject. A null is a null, but pan laws and the like can give illusions.

I've always asked this question, with great trolling of course ( :hihi: ) but how can you have 1's and 0's do so many different things and hosts are just the same?
I have absolutely no interest in have any kind of detailed discussion on this on KVR.

https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... _audio.htm

God, you are SUCH a buzz-kill :x

incubus wrote:God, you are SUCH a buzz-kill :x

You're so right, some days I'm in that mood, some days I'm not. You caught me in one of those moments. Let me throw back a couple of sangrias and I'll get back with you.

Personally, I'm just sucking on a nice bottle of Cab :ud:

This thread is lame.

Gremlins in the speakers!
Feed The Paw

I'm using both extensively and i don't know why, i even don't know if i'm ok:), but to me Ableton sounds better than Logic. It sounds more "solid", while Logic sounds more "flabby". I have no evidence, just a feeling about it. A feeling that is strong enough to stick with Ableton, not only for that, but for the MIDI routing that in Logic is absurd and makes Logic useless for my needs.
https://www.2btruman.com/
Creator of the Genesis Workstation, used by Dua Lipa

2BTruman wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:48 pm I'm using both extensively and i don't know why, i even don't know if i'm ok:), but to me Ableton sounds better than Logic. It sounds more "solid", while Logic sounds more "flabby". I have no evidence, just a feeling about it. A feeling that is strong enough to stick with Ableton, not only for that, but for the MIDI routing that in Logic is absurd and makes Logic useless for my needs.
At least in logic 9 the channel eq was warping badly, then again eq in live 8 was bad too.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

If LogicX sounds better than Ableton, then Ableton must be REALLY bad cos everyone knows Logic sounds worse than all of the other ones. Most likely cos it's on Macs, which even more people know sound worse than PCs. Not rocket science really...Macs can do the 0s ok with their rounded corners but can't handle the angular 1s, and the 1s wield more sonic weight than the 0s - QED that PCs (which can do the 1s better because of their straight corners)...sound better.

Discuss.
Last edited by kritikon on Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Necro bastards :tantrum:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Logic X sounds better if you pronounce it as 'ex' rather than 'ten'. Similarly, Ableton X would sound better than Logic Live.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

The Apple M1 processor processes audio at a higher resolution than other CPUs because it has more cores so it can process more frequency bands at once so the quality is higher plus Logic is optimized for the M1 which is all on one chip so it sends audio through the processor more optimally without losing that analog quality in the A/D-D/A conversion so its warmer, too.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:04 pm plus Logic is optimized for the M1 which is all on one chip so it sends audio through the processor more optimally without losing that analog quality in the A/D-D/A conversion so its warmer, too.
That can't be right, I heard the M1 produces less heat!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”