Podolski VST3 (beta) and new sounds

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It all depends which number you take for middle C reference. By default it's C4 in Reaper, but a lot of German software vendors (Steinberg, NI) use C3 as reference...

Is there beside of the "Osc Tune" another octave shifting knob somewhere?

When loading Podolski w/o patch the shift is one octave, but when I load some patch the shift is two octaves (with Osc Tune=0).

With middle-C I mean Midi note#60. EvilDragon is right, that some manufacturers call it C3 others C4.

...and also some call it C5 (FL Studio, Roland/Cakewalk)...

By the way, I think I know the cause for this. It's the Transpose control in VoiceCircuit. You don't see it on the interface, but it's there. Looks like it's set to -24 semitones. Once you edit the skin script and add a control for it, you can change the value of transpose and lock it for all patches. However this doesn't get remembered after you close the plugin. So looks to me u-he just needs to default the Transpose parameter to -12 rather than -24 for the next Podolski build.

EvilDragon wrote:It all depends which number you take for middle C reference. By default it's C4 in Reaper, but a lot of German software vendors (Steinberg, NI) use C3 as reference...
Yes and no, the middle C is alway MIDI note # 60, that goes for all DAWs (that I've tested it in). They do name them differently, like you said. Reaper defines it as C4, Cubase as C3, and there are plenty of other variations. What they all have in common though is that if I play the middle C on my keyboard, it is sent as MIDI note number 60, and Podolski will play the same frequency (obviously), which is now one octave below the common use for MIDI note number 60.

In working on modulations for OSC87 I think I found a possible bug in Pod...

Delay Mix knob... I tied it CC44, when I try to automate CC44, the knob in Pod just snaps back to Zero... Even though I've verified that CC44 is indeed sending correct data...

Is Pod using CC44 internally for something? I don't see it reserved in manual...

Just these:

CC 01 = modulation wheel
CC 02 = breath controller
CC 11 = expression pedal
CC 64 = hold pedal

DruMunkey wrote:Delay Mix knob... I tied it CC44, when I try to automate CC44, the knob in Pod just snaps back to Zero... Even though I've verified that CC44 is indeed sending correct data...

Is Pod using CC44 internally for something? I don't see it reserved in manual...
Hi DruMunkey,
CC44 isn't reserved, and here it works without problems when MIDI-learning it to Delay Mix.
Can you check in the MIDI table that no other knob is accidentally connected to that parameter as well?
And also check if you didn't accidentally record a bit of automation for that parameter already, and that recorded bit of automation keeps reverting the parameter back to zero.

Viktor
u-he team

The unshushable Coktor wrote:
DruMunkey wrote:Delay Mix knob... I tied it CC44, when I try to automate CC44, the knob in Pod just snaps back to Zero... Even though I've verified that CC44 is indeed sending correct data...

Hi DruMunkey,
CC44 isn't reserved, and here it works without problems when MIDI-learning it to Delay Mix.
Can you check in the MIDI table that no other knob is accidentally connected to that parameter as well?
And also check if you didn't accidentally record a bit of automation for that parameter already, and that recorded bit of automation keeps reverting the parameter back to zero.

Viktor
u-he team
Hey victor, nothing is recorded as I do live stuff, so it's not that. I tried other cc as well. So with host not running my morphing is moving like 25 of the knobs correctly, but delay mix snaps to zero regardless of the cc used.

I'm in reaper 5.

Whoops, wrong thread. :oops:

DruMunkey wrote:...delay mix snaps to zero regardless of the cc used.
Maybe there's some data on an automation track? I'm no Reaper expert...

... or you have some curve for the CC being applied by Reaper? Or a mapping in Reaper itself for the CC conflicting with Podolski?

Gonna grab this now. I love podolski, and I really appreciate the U-He generosity. I own Bazille, Ace, and Hive, but Podolski has its own charm and I use it for pads generally.
Looking forward to Viktors sounds cos He did some good work on the Cableguys machines. Thanks Urs =)

Aesthetic, I had a look but I can't find it either. I know if you right click U-He, you get the manual and website links, and if you right click the word podolski, there are resizing options, but I cant find anywhere to change the skin either.

2NDMOUSE wrote:Looking forward to Viktors sounds cos He did some good work on the Cableguys machines.
Thank you kindly :wink:

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Podolski is one of my favorite VSTs. Nice sounds and easy to use !!! Thanks to the developers.

I pute a link to my website:

https://www.dorvals-place.com (https://www.dorvals-place.com)

:)

Old thread I know, but where can I find the TUC Toys presets? I installed Podolski, but that preset collection wasn't included.

Thanks!
JW
JW
CWO2 USMC Retired
Laconia, Indiana

Please disregard my previous post. I installed Poldolski from the files provided on this thread and the TUC Toys ARE included in this install. They are not included if you use the installation from the U-HE site. TUC's presets are incredible!
JW
CWO2 USMC Retired
Laconia, Indiana

Return to “u-he”