License model no way !!!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Absolutely, which is why they should differentiate between professional customers and hobbyists like me.

liquidsound wrote: I understand you points of satisfaction but that's not a label for Quality Excellence.
It's definitely a good program and a valid alternative to Live, but after my demo time I have a different take on its quality.
I rarely pay a year before delivery. But it can be seen the other way around.
Well, that is what I don't get from this thread, nobody is forcing you folks to pay.

Bitwig is more than ready for me today, this is why I paid. Next yeah, we will see, but if they do a reasonable amount of updates I will gladly support them again.

ejgallego wrote:
liquidsound wrote: I understand you points of satisfaction but that's not a label for Quality Excellence.
It's definitely a good program and a valid alternative to Live, but after my demo time I have a different take on its quality.
I rarely pay a year before delivery. But it can be seen the other way around.
Well, that is what I don't get from this thread, nobody is forcing you folks to pay.

Bitwig is more than ready for me today, this is why I paid. Next yeah, we will see, but if they do a reasonable amount of updates I will gladly support them again.
exactly... I can wait a year and a half, or two years or more until there is excitement to upgrade... then do so

ejgallego wrote:Well, that is what I don't get from this thread
Of course. And nobody is forcing you to get it.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I paid $400 for bitwig, early adopter.

I have owned many licenses for many companies, the asking price for them when I decide to sell them is close to the original one I paid. Most company take care of their prduct pricing and their adopters who agreed of the asking price for the software. Its all a mmater of agreeing about how much something is valued at.

I bought bitwig at USD $400, today is valued at USD$100.

Really?

I mean, with all their volume sales they made to retailers, and the crazy bundles they came up with, they f**ked up their software price, and by consequence their customers, who agreed about the price for their work done, USD$400. But they changed mind, for one reason or another , being a necessity or not, and now the software value is kind of a joke, or well, a steal, depend who you ask.

I no longer use Bitwig. This is the first license I pay so much for, and the first to devalue my purchase to %25 of the initial value.

Bitwig dropped USd$300 in price, USD$300 of my money got burned, or used for dev or whatever way you want to put it. This is not normal, at least for me or what I have seen in the market, for all licenses I have hold, this is the first time something like this happens, so dramatic happens, and it's sick.

You can take my argument, and make appropriate responses essentially proving the "wrong conceptions" I have or why you disagree with it, or how this is how is supposed to be ( for you) or whatever.

The truth for me is this: Bitwig as a company, crashed, I don't know how their demographic looks, but seems to be made of fans who "believe" in their work. They are willing to pay for most things, and are prone to just give them a chance for whatever happens, as they make their way to their "idealized DAW". With their messed up up pricing plan and deals, they dragged up their customers, especially their early adopters, and not everybody was a well off economically "believer" . I bought it as an alternative to live standard, that was it.

I'm out. Is ok, previously it was $400, now its $100. Fine. I just want to give someone else the chance of using this DAw, which for me is quite awesome, but for now, not my choice.

One thing holds: their messed up their early adopters. Some say a little, some say they didn't, some say they did big time. They did big time.

carlosjcuevasm wrote:Bitwig dropped USd$300 in price, USD$300 of my money got burned
Just wait, soon somebody will tell you that you should have earned $300 already, at least, otherwise you were just stupid to purchase the license from the beginning.
carlosjcuevasm wrote:I don't know how their demographic looks, but seems to be made of fans who "believe" in their work. They are willing to pay for most things, and are prone to just give them a chance for whatever happens, as they make their way to their "idealized DAW".
Yes, the Bitwig fans seem to be very similar to Apple fans.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

All fans of any kind of product are the same : blind...

carlosjcuevasm wrote:I paid $400 for bitwig, early adopter.

I have owned many licenses for many companies, the asking price for them when I decide to sell them is close to the original one I paid. Most company take care of their prduct pricing and their adopters who agreed of the asking price for the software. Its all a mmater of agreeing about how much something is valued at.

I bought bitwig at USD $400, today is valued at USD$100.

Really?

I mean, with all their volume sales they made to retailers, and the crazy bundles they came up with, they f**ked up their software price, and by consequence their customers, who agreed about the price for their work done, USD$400. But they changed mind, for one reason or another , being a necessity or not, and now the software value is kind of a joke, or well, a steal, depend who you ask.

I no longer use Bitwig. This is the first license I pay so much for, and the first to devalue my purchase to %25 of the initial value.

Bitwig dropped USd$300 in price, USD$300 of my money got burned, or used for dev or whatever way you want to put it. This is not normal, at least for me or what I have seen in the market, for all licenses I have hold, this is the first time something like this happens, so dramatic happens, and it's sick.

You can take my argument, and make appropriate responses essentially proving the "wrong conceptions" I have or why you disagree with it, or how this is how is supposed to be ( for you) or whatever.

The truth for me is this: Bitwig as a company, crashed, I don't know how their demographic looks, but seems to be made of fans who "believe" in their work. They are willing to pay for most things, and are prone to just give them a chance for whatever happens, as they make their way to their "idealized DAW". With their messed up up pricing plan and deals, they dragged up their customers, especially their early adopters, and not everybody was a well off economically "believer" . I bought it as an alternative to live standard, that was it.

I'm out. Is ok, previously it was $400, now its $100. Fine. I just want to give someone else the chance of using this DAw, which for me is quite awesome, but for now, not my choice.

One thing holds: their messed up their early adopters. Some say a little, some say they didn't, some say they did big time. They did big time.
Amen
I can't even sell my v1 software, because it's worth nothing now.
I have never finnished a track on it, because I allways run into trouble when projects got bigger.
I feel completely stabbed in the back by this company.
I've made many in app bug reports, destracting me from making musIc.

It's just ridicoulous to abandon a half baked v1...and move on to v2 with an insane upgrade policy.

Fleer wrote:Maybe the guys behind Bitwig could distinctly focus on two customer groups: professionals and hobbyists.
+1

A lot of companies now have commercial and non-commercial version of their software/license.

xx JPRacer xx wrote:
Fleer wrote:Maybe the guys behind Bitwig could distinctly focus on two customer groups: professionals and hobbyists.
+1

A lot of companies now have commercial and non-commercial version of their software/license.
Do they really have these two choices? Really?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I don't know about music production but it's standard practice in game development. It's much easier to enforce your pro license restrictions for game production suites though.

Netsu wrote:I don't know about music production but it's standard practice in game development. It's much easier to enforce your pro license restrictions for game production suites though.
I know exactly what you're talking about, and no, that sort of thing is extremely rare in audio production programs. Here we usually get full version and a discounted education license if you are a student or professor.

Bitwig had/has a free demo where you can do everything but save. You can fully evaluate if it works for you before you buy it. Never buy software for what it may become, buy it for what it is when you buy it (and if you are not happy with that, don't buy it), Bitwig has only improved since launch, if you bought it at v1.0, v1.37 gave you a lot of free updates....

Personally, I am a fan of everything I have ever bought, to not be would just be admitting I am a dumb gullible gearslut ;-) (my eBay history will prove this to be the case with guitars)

(Ps- I am very impressed with Bitwig 2 and Bitwig 2.1 is already out in beta, so the free updates for a year may be a good thing....)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

"I know exactly what you're talking about, and no, that sort of thing is extremely rare in audio production programs."

I just want to chime in and say, to a certain extent it depends on what you mean by the hobby/professional division, but FL, Ableton, and Studio One (all other DAWs that I'm familiar with) have a $100 or less beginner option that suffices for learners and ppl doing fairly simple work.

Price is down to $200 for Bitwig 2.0 in the sales threads.
Come on guys, drop the license model :pray:

Edit: referring tot the second hand market @kvr
Last edited by Fleer on Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bitwig”