Zebra 2 pitch question

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have just purchased Zebra 2 and am playing through the presets. When I play a scale, the preset seems to have its own note/pitch pattern. Even pressing the same note reveals this pattern.

How can I get a preset to play each pitch/note in a scale so I can compose in different key signatures?

E.g. playing the C scale, the pitch should go up as I go up the scale, not: note, then up, then down, then different etc.

E.g. select preset under Filler called H5 Almost Strings and play C scale and the pitches go up and down, not up, up, up etc.

Is there something I can turn off to play a simple C scale with a preset, and it sounds like a C scale?

Cheers.

Did you authorize the plugin yet? Zebra2's demo limitation is that after a few minutes it will start playing random notes instead of the ones you actually played. :)
(Only C, E, B, R, A; R=random)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Thanks very much Rob.

Yes it must have been that, because it has gone. The serial number I got was not the serial number but the registration number. Silly labelling by u-he. All good now. Kinds miss the random notes now.

Cheers,
Jazzdaz

jazzdaz wrote:Silly labelling by u-he.
Out of curiosity, what would you call those two different kinds of codes? :clown:

serial number and registration code but two different numbers. If only one number then serial number.

Zebra 2 asked me for the serial number, I typed it in, then it said that is not your registration number.

Well, here's the message you get when you enter a registration code instead of a serial number:
Redeemer.png
It tells you to redeem the registration code you just put in for a serial number on the website, "redeem your registration code" is a link to get there. Below that is "enter your serial number", which let's you enter the serial after you redeem the registration code. (there are boxes around the text then, clearly marking the active areas as links/buttons)

In my opinion that is very consistently worded. It's also indefinitely better than saying "registration failed - this isn't a valid serial number"

Note: Normally when the resellers send out a registration code they should add specific instructions on how to obtain the serial number. Such that, this message should only ever be displayed when resellers fail to send correct info or if people don't read it...

#---

Or are you saying the whole system is silly? - In that case unfortunately this is how it is when we keep using serial number protection as opposed to dongles or web activation. We tried letting resellers create serial number directly, but that seems to be too difficult a task for some of the staff. The word "registration code" was a suggestion from our resellers, to clearly distinguish it from serial numbers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My apologies, it's my fault, it was late, I got the serial number before the registration code. I didn't know what the registration code stood for.

The main thing is the Zebra 2 is an awesome synth, one of the best to learn on and make great patches quickly.

Cheers.

jazzdaz wrote:My apologies, it's my fault, it was late, I got the serial number before the registration code. I didn't know what the registration code stood for.
No worries, I guess we have to make things more obvious in that respect... :oops:
The main thing is the Zebra 2 is an awesome synth, one of the best to learn on and make great patches quickly.
Thank you & Enjoy! 8)

(also, I didn't want to come across harsh or anything... my apologies if I did... I was just puzzled since we went through a hell of a process to get the reg codes for resellers running, and I thought we tried everything imaginable to prevent the confusion...)

#rob wrote:Did you authorize the plugin yet? Zebra2's demo limitation is that after a few minutes it will start playing random notes instead of the ones you actually played. :)
Yes, that's sometimes confusing when playing the demo version.

Most other u-he synth are using this crackling noise which is more annoying but better recognizable as demo noise. :wink:

OK, it seems that the user guide is a potential source of confusion. At the bottom of page 6 it says:

"Q: Why does Zebra goes out of tune after about 15 minutes?
A: Zebra’s demo mode! Right-click on the data display and enter your registration code."

Should read "serial number" :dog:

Return to “u-he”