Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ryan99 wrote:Heard during a Deal Anonymous reunion:

Host:"Please present yourself to the group"

- "My name is Numanoid. I'm a deal finder and a compulsive deal poster. I post deals, everyday, I can't stop it. Even 10% off or 1$ off, I have to post the deals. I have a cult of followers, so I have to continue posting deals. When I was at my worst, I was posting all the Zero-G deals. I'm getting better now, but I'm broke from buying the deals I keep posting."

Host:"Everyone, say hi to Numanoid and let him continue post the good deals so that everyone here can benefit".
:) :D :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

mgw38 wrote:I ran into an issue with a Tracktion purchase at JRR.

When you buy Waverazor through JRR you get a full-price discount code that you have to use at the Tracktion Marketplace in order to make the actual purchase with Tracktion. That is not completely unusual, a couple of companies do it that way. What is unusual, however, is that Tracktion charges an additional transaction fee of 3.95$ o top of the purchase you already made. That is somewhat unethical imho.

I did purchase the plug at JRR. Why do I have to pay additional to gain access to my purchase? Am I the only one who had that issue? Not a biggie since it is only 4 bucks. Annoying, still.

Edit: Tracktion is refunding the charge. Apparently, I ended up on the "wrong" order page (whatever that means).
I'm sorry to hear things got weird. I'm glad it worked out in the end. How do you like Waverazor? This is by far the best selling Tracktion product so far for us.

dzilizzi wrote:You probably answered this already, but how long is the iZotope sale on for? Still trying to decide if I really need the RX 6 upgrade. I have the plugin pack. And enough others that will get me the crossgrade price. But really? I am so-so on iZotope. It always seems to crash my sessions.
The sale ends May 31 so you've got a good amount of time to demo. I use the plugins from RX Advanced quite a bit and they don't crash on me.

Ryan99 wrote:When I was at my worst, I was posting all the Zero-G deals.
:hihi:

Numanoid wrote:What saddens me is that everybody seems to have it in for Zero-G. Of course they do lots of sale, but their stuff is gold for the most part.
I think they sound good but I find that I rarely use the ones I've bought. The formats are the main reason for that. Also, the download system is quite frustrating and I've found that I have many incomplete libraries from them due failed downloads that I didn't catch during my download period.

With that said, now that Reason will be VST compatible, I might give it another try and then maybe my Zero-G Refill libraries will come in handy.

ghettosynth wrote:Does anyone know who has a great price on Maschine Jam in the U.S.?
Native Instruments discount structure for smaller dealers is pretty small. We only give a 5% discount yet we still manage to lose money on every single Native Instruments sale. You'll probably want to wait for one of the bigger dealers to do some crazy store coupon deal, let them lose the money. ;)

Uncle E wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Does anyone know who has a great price on Maschine Jam in the U.S.?
Native Instruments discount structure for smaller dealers is pretty small. We only give a 5% discount yet we still manage to lose money on every single Native Instruments sale. You'll probably want to wait for one of the bigger dealers to do some crazy store coupon deal, let them lose the money. ;)
In the US, I would recommend JRRShop anytime possible. Great customer service, great prices, one of the friendliest seller on the web. I did business many times with him even from Canada and I have always been satisfied. I'll continue doing business with him anytime I can.

Given the particular situation of the sale, I will probably buy Maschine Jam from Timespace. They are selling it at 339$ instead of 399$, and paying in Euros or Pound, the price is even lower. They deliver outside of UK for only 10 Pound. Probably will be hit with custom fees, but considering it's selling at 559$ plus taxes in Canada, I will still have got a lower price.

I already have Ableton Push and Maschine Mikro. Anyone has experience with Maschine Jam?

Does anyone know of a third party source for vocaloids besides Zero-G which has sales from time to time?

Scotty wrote:Does anyone know of a third party source for vocaloids besides Zero-G which has sales from time to time?
Bestservice sells Crypton. I got Megurine Luka V4X on a sale once. Does not happen very often though.

https://www.bestservice.de/crypton.html
Last edited by mgw38 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Uncle E wrote:How do you like Waverazor? This is by far the best selling Tracktion product so far for us.
From what I have seen so far it is a bit "meh". Slightly overhyped imho. It seems to produce a very aggressive sound, whoever is into that will probably like it. My personal workflow depends a lot on factory presets. I usually experiment with presets until I find something I like and then customize it. I rarely do patches all by myself. Waverazor only has very few factory preset and they all sound pretty much the same which does not give me much to start from. So, it might just not be my cup of tea. I like their Biotek synth much better. But Waverazor will probably come in handy whenever I am looking for something aggressive. And your price was super attractive, so I am not complaining.

Btw, any chance you could offer the Waveform Upgrade?
Last edited by mgw38 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Uncle E wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:You probably answered this already, but how long is the iZotope sale on for? Still trying to decide if I really need the RX 6 upgrade. I have the plugin pack. And enough others that will get me the crossgrade price. But really? I am so-so on iZotope. It always seems to crash my sessions.
The sale ends May 31 so you've got a good amount of time to demo. I use the plugins from RX Advanced quite a bit and they don't crash on me.
Thanks Uncle E. I will have to try it out. :tu:

Thanks I'll check them out. Appreciated! - Scotty
mgw38 wrote:
Scotty wrote:Does anyone know of a third party source for vocaloids besides Zero-G which has sales from time to time?
Bestservice sells Crypton. I got Megurine Luka V4X on a sale once. Does not happen very often though.

https://www.bestservice.de/crypton.html

Got all excited at the latest Zero-g deal - Any Three Libraries for $99 - until I checked out the fine print. Does not include any of the Ethera titles.

They do have some good stuff in the sale. And it's good until Monday. May be worth checking out.

GreyLion wrote:Since I like some of Numanoid's deals, I don't really have a dog in this hunt. But I've lost valuable neurons with all these pages of acrimony, support, and general non-Deal discussion. Perhaps we can come up with a compromise.
But the thread is being hijacked all the time, just 5-6 pages back, it was taken over by gobbler discussion
The Official Numanoid -- Threat or Menace?" thread. :P
And make sure it is a sticky one :D

dzilizzi wrote:Got all excited at the latest Zero-g deal - Any Three Libraries for $99 - until I checked out the fine print. Does not include any of the Ethera titles.
+1 All the best bits are excluded :(

So $33 isn't such a no brainer per lib, as they often go on sale at $30 by themself.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”