Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

oooh!

I'm lapping this up as a performance instrument-
my custom bridged plugin will be ready in a few days-
hope it works perfect

As far a JO MIDI guitar- was it me myself and us who was asking?-Yeah, you need to get JO to put a MIDI out dialogue in their program. ATM- I have to use loopMIDI to get my guitar outfit working.
No VSTs have CV out

Yeah I guess I'm not having the DSP issues here on my end. As a matter of fact there are some plugins like the Ozone 7 advanced individual modules that usually tear up my CPU in Studio One 3/Waveform that are running unusually smooth in Reason. I was running the individual Vintage compressors and EQ's on each channel along with some IK modules thrown in and Ozone active on the master Bus with no dropouts or hickups. This was running at 64 samples through my Tascam interface with delay compensation enabled. I'm on a windows 10 Pro PC with 16GB Ram if that makes a difference. Also I think most of my VST's, including some of the ones that give me occasional trouble, were found immediately in Reason being that the implementation is still brand new. If its just going to get better from here I couldn't be happier. Time to go have some fun...
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Same feeling here. Remarkable feat already.

+1 tons of fun. Now if I can just get a few more midi/player devices to do more complex keyboard splits by region and velocity I'll be thrilled. It's like Omnisphere multis but Omnisphere can be one of the layers...
Feel free to call me Brian.

bmrzycki wrote:+1 tons of fun. Now if I can just get a few more midi/player devices to do more complex keyboard splits by region and velocity I'll be thrilled. It's like Omnisphere multis but Omnisphere can be one of the layers...
Isn't something like that already possible for long time - Combinator?

Btw thanks other people for CPU report - it may not be that bad then. I'll test it today if i catch some time in the studio.

It's gonna be bad for some and not for others.

Let me repeat for people ACTUALLY paying attention: By their OWN ADMISSION, they don't use cores the way you'd think.

I made a ton of music with reason, and used a ton of RE's. My gripe is that they themselves have admitted the shortcomings.

It's 2017 people, try to act accordingly. Not everyone who complains is a twitter troll like rich eisen says.

Postby Anosou; Mon May 29, 2017 12:52 am
Re: What a F****ing VST implementation in Reason
Bereket wrote:
You expect me to tell PH to fix it and yes Idid. But it it like waking up a person who acts like he is sleeping. They intentionally have crippled the VST usage to make a comparison with Re and doing that they just crippled UAD on their way. UAD a plugin which doesn't even use native DSP. Now you are expected to pay for a better VST experience for version 10. Same all Propellerhead. :dog:

We definitely haven't intentionally crippled anything! Nothing to gain by doing that. We just released 9.5.0 though and for some plugins, there is still work to be done in Reason. We are keeping a close watch on which ones Reason has troubles with and what we can do to fix that.

If you experience crashes or severe performance issues in Reason when working with VST plugins, please get in touch and include as much information as possible, such as which plugins, what situation, your computer specs and preferences. Email to bugs@propellerheads.se and we will investigate. Please note that this address is not for support questions.

VST integration is a continuous project and we'll keep working to make this as good as we can. :party:

/Mattias (Product Manager of Reason)
Since the other thread was locked.

Nothing beats beta testing on the public, eh? :hihi:

Let's hope it doesn't take you 5 years to resolve the cpu issues, since it only took you about that much time to finally implement PDC. And only took you guys 17 years to finally deliver on your #1 user request of VSTs. :lol: I guess that iOS and Rack Extension market was not all it was cracked up to be, eh?

You're probably wishing you had your old forum up again right about now, eh? NOT. :help:

aMUSEd wrote:Didn't even know that was there, pity no one mentioned it when I asked about plugin management on the beta forum
There was a lot of missed topics in the beta threads (probably due to their being so many). I just figured the Plugin Management window was common knowledge. Glad to see you got things sorted, though!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

kmonkey wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:+1 tons of fun. Now if I can just get a few more midi/player devices to do more complex keyboard splits by region and velocity I'll be thrilled. It's like Omnisphere multis but Omnisphere can be one of the layers...
Isn't something like that already possible for long time - Combinator?
Yes, the combinator allows for key and velocity splits. But there isn't a fade crossover point. It may seem like a small difference but in practice it adds quite a bit to expressiveness while playing live. Omnisphere has the best implementation I've come across, see here:
https://vimeo.com/17385142

I'd also like to define a custom velocity curve per part, something that I haven't found on any software. If Reason adds players to the SDK it's one of the first things I'm going to try to program.
Feel free to call me Brian.

Could someone kindly tell me how to get the playback automatically snap back to where it began?

Contour wrote:Could someone kindly tell me how to get the playback automatically snap back to where it began?
Spacebar starts and stops transport playback at any given point. Shift + Enter to stop playback once; Shift + Enter again to reset to it's original start position; Shift + Enter a third time to reset to bar 1.1.1. (or 0 time).

If you have a separate numerical key on your QWERTY, then Enter starts playback, and "0" stops playback.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Contour wrote:Could someone kindly tell me how to get the playback automatically snap back to where it began?
You simply can't. Automatically. Retarted, yeah? Requested many times over the years. Prop's doesn't give a sh*iiit! :lol: However, Anosou commented something about this after I whine this many times, but he didn't say anything that they will add it. I request hardly and many times it to 9.5 but surprise, no luck. Maybe they add it to Reason 15 in 2026, who knows. Sad thing is that this is propably just a few lines of code, easy to do and it would make so many users happy, but no.... Prop's priorities! :help:

keel wrote:
You simply can't. Automatically. Retarted, yeah? Requested many times over the years. Prop's doesn't give a sh*iiit! :lol: However, Anosou commented something about this after I whine this many times, but he didn't say anything that they will add it. I request hardly and many times it to 9.5 but surprise, no luck. Maybe they add it to Reason 15 in 2026, who knows. Sad thing is that this is propably just a few lines of code, easy to do and it would make so many users happy, but no.... Prop's priorities! :help:
Has it occurred to you that the reason why it wasn't/hasn't been added is that simply not enough people want it? If they're like any other software house, they have to prioritize the features that are added. If they've not gotten a lot of requests for this, it's no wonder it hasn't been added (no matter how "loud" a handful of people scream at them).

EnochLight wrote:
Has it occurred to you that the reason why it wasn't/hasn't been added is that simply not enough people want it? If they're like any other software house, they have to prioritize the features that are added. If they've not gotten a lot of requests for this, it's no wonder it hasn't been added (no matter how "loud" a handful of people scream at them).
Lol. Now that's just your fanboyism talking there.
musisikamar.com

yepp there is no automatic way, the only usable workaround is adding manual override to the transport stop (for ex.shift+space), better than nothing...(by default pressing numeric zero key twice has this feature)

as I did it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhcSX6eMChU
at/from 6.20, stop+jump back with 'shift+space' and re-starting the playback with 'space' during editing, and numeric double zero during recording are acceptable for me
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”