Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Yes, especially when it doesn't feature the Virus' wavetables, and other synthesis parts are missing too.

tristan- wrote:luckily it also appears to have 4 envelopes (2 mod envelopes apart from the usual AEG/FEG) which separates it from a Virus TI as the latter has only AEG/FEG, with the three LFOs being able to function as EG (only with attack/decay though).
Virus TI also has 4 envelopes (amplitude, filter and two freely assignable ones).

To my understanding, the only addition over Virus is the ability to load user single cycle waves.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

@tristan, the Virus Ti os updates include modulation 3 and 4 envelopes, so they did have extra envelopes. The Virus also could use the LFO 1 and 2 as envelopes, which Viper can do as well.

@bmrzycki, as tristan said, Viper should not really be called and "emulation" because it wont be a Virus 100%. Its better to call it a new synth which will sound very close to a Virus. It will have many of its own features, and unfortunately I dont even have a clue how to even read midi files. If somehow magically I could extract parameter values, and plug them into my synth, it will sound a bit different because there could be cases where a knob has to be set a little differently to make it sound like the Virus. For example to get an attack value of 44 from the Virus, I have to set the attack to 50 in Viper to make it sound the same. I tried my best to get them as close as I could, but what matters is the functionality and sound, and its there.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Nice to have an update on this. I have been using a Snow here for few months and TI, via USB whilst working has not been seamless and workflow a bit cumbersome. The sound is ace though.

@Adam, thanks for the fast and detailed reply. I completely understand focusing on functionality getting the sound right is hard enough. I only asked because several of your demos are ABing to show how close it is (which I am impressed with). I'm curious in this project and will definitely demo your first release when it's available.
Feel free to call me Brian.

Why, why, why Flowstone? :(

I might become a grandfather before it goes 64-bit, heh. (For reference, I'm not even a father yet.)

EvilDragon wrote:Why, why, why Flowstone? :(

I might become a grandfather before it goes 64-bit, heh. (For reference, I'm not even a father yet.)
Flowstone devs said that they will be working on a 64 bit version of Flowstone very soon. If I remember well, the delays are due to health problems and other personal issues that prevented them from developing the new version. That's what I've read on Facebook.

Well, tough. :/ Will be nice once it's out, I guess.

Not rushing this on but wondering about if soon has become shorter or longer.

Everything is still on track. There were some major complications and I had to rewrite some stuff, but its nearing completion now. I am sorry for the delay, end of 2016 was a bit too optimistic, so I dont want to set any more dates to avoid disappointments, but its looking to be done in 1-2-3 months, it depends on the testers/sound designers as well. But its coming out 100%
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote:Everything is still on track. There were some major complications and I had to rewrite some stuff, but its nearing completion now. I am sorry for the delay, end of 2016 was a bit too optimistic, so I dont want to set any more dates to avoid disappointments, but its looking to be done in 1-2-3 months, it depends on the testers/sound designers as well. But its coming out 100%
I can beta test if you want. I'm familiar with Flowstone too, but I'm a beginner.

adamtrance wrote: it depends on the testers/sound designers as well. But its coming out 100%
:clap: Consider to higher me as sound designer, I have experience in that sphere.

Huzzah! I look forward to this :)
Feed The Paw

Adam please just port this to 64 bit already (as they say in the USA)

Given the work you have put in, which is clearly huge and a passion/love for the Virus. Some things are surely pushing the boat out for and I suspect this would ultimately sell bucket loads as a 64 bit plug in.

I imagine this is not a case of lack of will but more being at the mercy of the package
it is being developed on. If we could get enough KVR/Viper interested users to put pressure
on Flowstone development would that help in any way ? I for one would be happy to sign up and contribute to any pressure group on their forums for example as I suspect many would to have a 64 bit native version with no bridge fudging.

It might just tip the scales ?

How about an eta?
~Pyrotek45

Return to “Instruments”