Audio Damage Phosphor 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phosphor1

Just clocked that Rough Rider Pro is nowhere to be seen in the store. Was this discontinued a while back, or is this a fresh development? If a new development, its disappearance combined with the recent (freeware) Rough Rider 2 release has me very excited.

A few of the older plugs are missing from the new site. Tattoo and Ricochet for instance.
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here is a good blog post by Chris Randall:

https://www.audiodamage.com/blogs/news/procedures

I thought they had gone to a business model where you could download anything and pay for a license on the honor system - sort of like Reaper. Maybe that is a fabricated memory or a brain fart.
Last edited by Gribs on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

I updated to Phosphor 2.

I would greatly appreciate Axon 2. They should seriously redesign it for more power as a sequencer though. It is an excellent idea, however I would like to use more than one clock source, and have more neurons available, and higher retrigger max count than 6 per neuron in version 2. As well as an improved synth for drums and eccentric sounds.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Vertion wrote:I updated to Phosphor 2.

I would greatly appreciate Axon 2. They should seriously redesign it for more power as a sequencer though. It is an excellent idea, however I would like to use more than one clock source, and have more neurons available, and higher retrigger max count than 6 per neuron in version 2. As well as an improved synth for drums and eccentric sounds.
I agree. Axon is fun but the GUI is tiny. I am happy to see they are updating their old GUIs and making them procedural and scalable. In my opinion that is a the right direction for improving the human-computer interface.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

I loaded Phosphor 1 and Phosphor 2 side by side. Phosphor 2 has a brighter tone in many of the same presets. The sound and audio behaviors make these sound like 2 very different synths, despite their similar namesake and interface. I would place Phosphor 2 as better in sound quality, but I feel it doesn't replace Phosphor 1 either. So I'm keeping both in my list for more timbral coverage. The user interface on Phosphor 2 is far superior (easier on the eyes, bigger).

Vertion wrote:I loaded Phosphor 1 and Phosphor 2 side by side. Phosphor 2 has a brighter tone in many of the same presets. The sound and audio behaviors make these sound like 2 very different synths, despite their similar namesake and interface. I would place Phosphor 2 as better in sound quality, but I feel it doesn't replace Phosphor 1 either. So I'm keeping both in my list for more timbral coverage. The user interface on Phosphor 2 is far superior (easier on the eyes, bigger).
Phosphor 2 has "completely redesigned" oscillators, IIRC.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:
Vertion wrote:I loaded Phosphor 1 and Phosphor 2 side by side. Phosphor 2 has a brighter tone in many of the same presets. The sound and audio behaviors make these sound like 2 very different synths, despite their similar namesake and interface. I would place Phosphor 2 as better in sound quality, but I feel it doesn't replace Phosphor 1 either. So I'm keeping both in my list for more timbral coverage. The user interface on Phosphor 2 is far superior (easier on the eyes, bigger).
Phosphor 2 has "completely redesigned" oscillators, IIRC.
+ there is a way to make it sound more dull, by using less partials

Interesting that all the Audio Damage plug-ins are also for iOS now as AUv3 (as usual for about 1/10 of the price).
No way i pay now 10 times more for the same on desktop.....strange times.

Is there an in deep review of P2?

CharlyLN wrote:Is there an in deep review of P2?
I'll do a video review. I have to do another video anyways of a new product I need to release to the market soon. Will post youtube review here when complete (hopefully by tonight).

CharlyLN wrote:Is there an in deep review of P2?
Latest CM (issue CM248) reviews it over two pages, and awards it 9/10 overall.

I am quite amazed that they give so much space to a niche plug.

Looks like v3 was just released:
https://www.audiodamage.com/collections ... phosphor-2
Version 3 once more modernizes the original's tried and tested feature set. Besides plenty under-the-hood improvements, it comes with a new coat of paint, expanded modulation options, MPE support, TUN-file support for non-equal-tempered tunings, and our brand new preset browser.
Appears the upgrade from 2 > 3 is free, otherwise the upgrade from 1 > 3 is the usual $10.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:13 am Looks like v3 was just released:
https://www.audiodamage.com/collections ... phosphor-2
Version 3 once more modernizes the original's tried and tested feature set. Besides plenty under-the-hood improvements, it comes with a new coat of paint, expanded modulation options, MPE support, TUN-file support for non-equal-tempered tunings, and our brand new preset browser.
Appears the upgrade from 2 > 3 is free, otherwise the upgrade from 1 > 3 is the usual $10.
It's great except I'm still having issues saving in racks / projects in Live - e-mailed support and waiting for reply.

I had this problem years ago with the first version on a Mac and Live 8, now it's version 3 and a PC running Live 10. But I don't think it's always been reproducible. This time I found a preset - "Bass Deep" in the "artists" collection - that reloads with incorrect delay filter settings every time, so maybe we'll find something concrete. If anyone else has issues in Live it would be good to hear.

It's too bad cause I love it for some very quick ambient key/pad sounds - you can do this with other spectral instruments but it's' quick with Phosphor and it has it's own vibe, like an actual instrument.

^ Chris just responded - looking into it.
+1 AudioDamage.

Return to “Instruments”