New Release by SzcZ: Cracklefield

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cracklefield Kontakt Nova3

If you turn the arp on and play chords, that will follow what you set in the note map and also pitch adjustments for single sounds. If you turn on root key in note map and play a note, it will adjust the map to that root key.

So, first report after one hour having (thanks to Glyn, fast as usual :-))) just ready for midnight and the whitching hour (which in some way seems to fit tho this one :lol: ).

Multichannel recording does not seem to work at all in waveform, I turned it on, started recording, started play on daw and it automatically turned to "off" (red lighted).

No big problem, I solo the channels and take them one by one, that worked.

Could get a first imagination of "motion" and "sound" so far, with pitch octave down and up (-12/+12) for kind of "bass" and "lead" and one to "chord".

And saving a first preset.

This is one of the libs where I really HATE the kontakt bug that nothing happens in the lib when the daw is not running, that makes such a complex thing really :wheee: but that has nothin got do with the lib.

Conclusion: I really love what I could do in such short time (have not scratched a thousandth of a percent so far). Should have been sleeping since a few hours cause of work tomorrow morning but this is just too fascinating. The first three "tracks" so far played with "real" (sorry ZG, but the sounds are, as you said, "experimental" :lol: ) libs (bass, pad, lead) give me just a sketch of an ambient song :D

AND what I have to say to you Zombie Queen: you dont only make the most fascintating tools out there but, what really has my greatest appreciation, make the most understandebal user guides for such a complex stuff, would never have tried this withouth having the certainty that I can rely on this. And that you have the nerv to answer all this boring questions from such noobs like me.

:tu: :hug:

Now its REALLY sleeping time....but wait.....just one more...

>>Multichannel recording does not seem to work at all in waveform, I turned it on, started recording, started play on daw and it automatically turned to "off" (red lighted).<<
Did you first set Transport Sync in Crackle to enabled?
You should be able to record all sound sources in Crackle within Crackle by starting sequencer of Crackle without DAW running.

Thank you Tatanka.
tatanka wrote:Multichannel recording does not seem to work at all in waveform, I turned it on, started recording, started play on daw and it automatically turned to "off" (red lighted).
I'd like to find out, why it doesn't work for you... Red lighted would mean, it's actually "on", I see now how this may be fairly confusing. Here's a quick look at how it should have worked, DAW playback is off here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K8U7Q-GDXo

I'm wondering if CF seq stop should auto-stop CF recording.

Hi Musical Gym and Zombie Queen,

thanks for the hints (and little video) about recording, will try it out this evening (now at work) and then give feedback. I have just done the same like it worked in Infundibulum for me, but I will give it a try without using daw, just internal sequencer, maybe thats the problem.

Intriguing, it's basically the same script as in Infundibulum.

wonderful sequencer - pretty much the most powerful one I have ever used and easy to navigate around - which does not mean it is trivial to learn, far too rich to understand easily. But well worth it. For me this seems the culmination of a bunch of stuff the Zombie Queen has been developing and sharing for all this time. Huge congratulations deserved!!!

Next for me is to develop a Reaper template that feeds the midi output of Cracklefield into separate tracks

Hi ZQ,

This is a very nice concept.
I often use Nova3 in my projects. If you are familiar with this VST, could you tell me what the main differences between Cracklefield and Nova3 are?

Thanks!

Thank you Woggle.

About Nova3, I can't say. I know about Tonecarver generators, Nova and Mbiragen, but somehow I never managed to use them. I can't recall why exactly, as they look very intriguing. I have much love for tcStretch.

Hi Zombie Queen now I know what was the problem :dog:

"cursors to channels" has not been activated :oops:

But one thing that wont work for me (but it is not only with your lib, generell kontakt problem at least in waveform): I just cant activate anything (start recording button, sequencer button) if the daw is NOT running, kontakt will not react at all. So recording only with the internal sequencer/recording button like in the video wont work for me. No problem cause now it works with sequencer running, just to mention.

tatanka wrote:I just cant activate anything (start recording button, sequencer button) if the daw is NOT running, kontakt will not react at all
What DAW? I encountered this in FL Studio, which has optimalization feature, which basically switches all plugins off, when they supposedly make no sound (like when transport is not running), it was 'smart disable', I think. It could be turned off. Maybe it's something similar.

Some more questions while trying to adapt the cursors to some kind of "instruments":

- is there a way to set the note range (like it is done on the note map page for the whole composition) for a cursor/track ?

- is there/what might be best way to set the "note density" of a cursor/track, its the same intention then the other questions to set up something that is "near" to a instrument setup (for example few but "steady" bass notes per bar in EVRY bar, 3-4 chords in evry bar, varying notes for riff/melody)

- is there a way to change the note pitch of the cursors/tracks by octave (+1/-1), I used the pitch with +12/-12 but if there is a more easy way... ?

Zombie Queen wrote:
tatanka wrote:I just cant activate anything (start recording button, sequencer button) if the daw is NOT running, kontakt will not react at all
What DAW? I encountered this in FL Studio, which has optimalization feature, which basically switches all plugins off, when they supposedly make no sound (like when transport is not running), it was 'smart disable', I think. It could be turned off. Maybe it's something similar.
He mentioned waveform (Tracktion's Waveform) above. I almost missed it since when I read waveform, I didn't think about the DAW.

Hi Zombie Queen/Musical gym,

yes, its waveform but I am really a little uncertain about this and how it deals with kontakt and/or some daw cause I know some lib devellopers mentioned such problems in user guide that specific things only work when daw is running.

One thing comes to my mind as another example: when in xosphere I want to reach the internal presets it drives me crazy just wont work until I hit play on daw, then the preset browser opens at it should. Of course I forgot about it and then next time...

I am on windows 7 64 bit, dont know if this matters. Kontakt is actual version. I think I will have to try out in another daw (mulab for example) and see if same thing happens. Normally it does not matter that much but in case of having possibility to record directly in cracklefield would be of course much nicer.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”