Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dzilizzi wrote:I guess Pianoteq never puts the Stage version on sale, do they? And 30% is pretty much as low as I've seen it.
it's seems to be an anual promo.

from my e-mails, last promo was on august 2016 and before that july 2015, and always 30% max, never more than that.

Temptin wrote:the RS56 was great at opening up mixes and has a very unique algorithm (all boosts in it are done by lowering everything except the "boosted" band).
I didn't know that - that's really interesting. Follows that old mixing/mastering maxim: cut before boost, ie: cut low rather than boost high... generally yields a more natural sound/phase response.

waltercruz wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:I guess Pianoteq never puts the Stage version on sale, do they? And 30% is pretty much as low as I've seen it.

from my e-mails, last promo was on august 2016 and before that july 2015, and always 30% max, never more than that.
Yes, and never on the stage version. It does seem about a year ago that I started looking at it. I don't remember what I ended up with, but it wasn't Pianoteq. The price just wasn't low enough compared to what you got. It may have been when EWQL was selling the box versions at half off or more. Because I did buy the Platinum Pianos about that time.

Well, maybe it is Pianoteq's turn..... darn GAS

Doesn't look like the addons are on promo - I have everything I want except the Grotrian

dzilizzi wrote:
waltercruz wrote:

Yes, and never on the stage version. It does seem about a year ago that I started looking at it. I don't remember what I ended up with, but it wasn't Pianoteq. The price just wasn't low enough compared to what you got. It may have been when EWQL was selling the box versions at half off or more. Because I did buy the Platinum Pianos about that time.

aaah, I see.

well, I bought my Pianoteq (Stage) on jrrshop on 2014 may for 109.65 (129.00 minus 19.35 auto discount).

A promo on Stage happened on 2016 march, for $129 (98.69 on jrrshop, with discount).

Uncle E wrote:It ends July 31:

www.jrrshop.com/pianoteq
:tu: JRRshop rocks !

DrumAddict wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:Uncle, do you know if I can get manual links for Vocalise 2 instead of using Continuata which crashes my pc?
http://www.continuata.net/manual_links.php

copy your code their and it should generate manual links , it can also be that they are sending it via e-mail .
Weird, Ryan of Heavyocity sent me an email saying they can't provide manual links, so I replied back sending him Heavyocity's manual links page.

MogwaiBoy wrote:I didn't know that - that's really interesting. Follows that old mixing/mastering maxim: cut before boost, ie: cut low rather than boost high... generally yields a more natural sound/phase response.
The Auto Gain in Studio One Pro EQ is great for this.

so...how good is J37?

waltercruz wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
waltercruz wrote:

aaah, I see.

well, I bought my Pianoteq (Stage) on jrrshop on 2014 may for 109.65 (129.00 minus 19.35 auto discount).

A promo on Stage happened on 2016 march, for $129 (98.69 on jrrshop, with discount).
I think the Stage version has always been $129. That is the price I see it at normally. The Standard version is about $195 in the cart with the Forum discount. This seems to be less than buying Stage and the upgrade. Well, I have a few days to think about it. :D

dzilizzi wrote:
waltercruz wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
waltercruz wrote:

aaah, I see.

I think the Stage version has always been $129. That is the price I see it at normally. The Standard version is about $195 in the cart with the Forum discount. This seems to be less than buying Stage and the upgrade. Well, I have a few days to think about it. :D
:dog:

yes, you're right, always 129 for stage.

Good point on PSP PianoVerb 2, dzilizzi!

waltercruz wrote:so...how good is J37?
For $24, I like it a lot! Much better than the Kramer one which I didn't think was anything special and passed on it.

Someone on Gearslutz (I think) said something like "Use Kramer when you want people to know it was recorded to tape. Use J37 when you want your music to sound better" and I think that sums it up.

The delay is nice, the variety of tapes is nice. It's not in your face, it just sounds... great.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

It's only $22.90 at everyplugins.com

nm solved

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”