Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Ableton Push support is here

pstare
KVRer

22 posts since 17 Feb, 2017

Postby pstare; Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:43 am Re: Ableton Push support is here

moss wrote:Uh, damn. Forgot to update it. Please redownload.

Downloaded... and problem fixed. Thanks moss!
pstare
KVRer

Postby pstare; Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:50 am Re: Ableton Push support is here

Forgot to add another request:

Moving clips in session view. Is this possible through the API?
Vathek
KVRist

34 posts since 5 Feb, 2015

Postby Vathek; Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:50 pm Re: Ableton Push support is here

I cannot 'enter' either Kontakt, Reaktor, KK or Battery instances by pressing the leftmost top row button to get access to more than eight parameters. The display of my Push 2 says "Please create a Device Layer..." instead. Works with any other internal or 3rd party instrument I have (which are not that many, but including Massive and Absynth). I really like the new navigation of the script, but this has me baffled. Am I just missing something regarding this Device Layer creation?
pstare
KVRer

Postby pstare; Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:40 pm Re: Ableton Push support is here

(deleted by author)
moss
KVRian

1070 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:01 pm Re: Ableton Push support is here

pstare wrote:Forgot to add another request:

Moving clips in session view. Is this possible through the API?

Sorry, no.
stamp
KVRist

304 posts since 10 Sep, 2014

Postby stamp; Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:13 am Re: Ableton Push support is here

Hi moss,

Just an idea. May it be possible to have an option to use the arrows (Push 1) change clip/slot selection when the grid is in note mode?
This, paired with "select track when selecting clips" in the Bitrwig preferences, cuold potentially solve the problem of having clip selection not in sync with track slection.
What do you think? Is this doable?
That wuold be ace!

Cheers!

PS: momentary session mode sometimes doesn't work as expected.
Vathek
KVRist

Postby Vathek; Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:41 am Re: Ableton Push support is here

Could somebody be so kind and test if my findings (three posts above) are a limitation of the script at this moment or whether I'm doing something wrong? Thanks!
svervs
KVRist

317 posts since 16 Mar, 2013, from BLN

Postby svervs; Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:00 pm Re: Ableton Push support is here

Vathek wrote:Could somebody be so kind and test if my findings (three posts above) are a limitation of the script at this moment or whether I'm doing something wrong? Thanks!

Tried it with Kontakt, result like you described, "Please create ..." message.
stamp
KVRist

304 posts since 10 Sep, 2014

Postby stamp; Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:30 pm Re: Ableton Push support is here

Vathek wrote:Could somebody be so kind and test if my findings (three posts above) are a limitation of the script at this moment or whether I'm doing something wrong? Thanks!

Sorry, I don't own any of the vsts you're having problems with.
Vathek
KVRist

Postby Vathek; Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:45 pm Re: Ableton Push support is here

Thanks guys! I wasn't sure whether I had messed something up as this used to work at one point.

moss, I suppose this happened when you switched to the new navigation (which is brilliant btw), is this something that could be fixed relatively easily?
moss
KVRian

1070 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:00 am Re: Ableton Push support is here

Vathek wrote:moss, I suppose this happened when you switched to the new navigation (which is brilliant btw), is this something that could be fixed relatively easily?

It is pretty complicated. The problem applies to all VST plugins which have multiple audio outputs like Kontakt. They appear as layers like with Bitwig instrument layers but you first have to add them manually. To do so click on the double arrows left of the search field in the VST plugin.
But this does not fix your problem. In previous versions I had a key combination to get to the parameter view but that was also not obvious.
I will look into this but this might take some time.
Vathek
KVRist

Postby Vathek; Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:08 pm Re: Ableton Push support is here

Interesting. I kind of assumed it would have to do with the multiple layers of parameter ID's with these NI plugins (like host automation id's in Kontakt etc), didn't think of multiple audio outs. Is this a design flaw on the Bitwig side of things or is there a good reason for that behaviour?

Is there perhaps a way to map the the little page switching arrows next to the wrench symbol on the preset page drop down to anything (on the Push or anywhere really)? That would be somewhat of a workaround, even if just page by page rather than with direct access.
Previous

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Controller Scripting