Tyrell is just great. What was the inspiration behind the modules?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm curious to hear a bit about the inspiration behind the sound character of the oscillators and filters.

I think I read the oscs are based in Juno or something. The filters too? It definitely has a nice Roland-esque sparkle to it that I like. Sometimes reminds me of a Juno or sh-101. But then can do much more of course. Those morphable filters and the ring mod (especially with duophonic mode) are very cool. I always thought the layout and sound reminded me of an odyssey crossed with a Roland synth. Was that the general goal?

I don't know if it would ever be possible but I'd pay money for it to get in the payware roster for the standard enhancement coming to the others like new browser and mpe stuff. And I'm sure people would like nks support etc.

Cheers

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I'm curious to hear a bit about the inspiration behind the sound character of the oscillators and filters.

I think I read the oscs are based in Juno or something. The filters too? It definitely has a nice Roland-esque sparkle to it that I like. Sometimes reminds me of a Juno or sh-101. But then can do much more of course. Those morphable filters and the ring mod (especially with duophonic mode) are very cool. I always thought the layout and sound reminded me of an odyssey crossed with a Roland synth. Was that the general goal?

I don't know if it would ever be possible but I'd pay money for it to get in the payware roster for the standard enhancement coming to the others like new browser and mpe stuff. And I'm sure people would like nks support etc.

Cheers
To turn a free ware synth into a payware synth for cosmetic enhancements is not the way to go... there is Diva for your requierments.. leave Tyrell free as it is thanks... :hihi:

surreal wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I'm curious to hear a bit about the inspiration behind the sound character of the oscillators and filters.

Cheers
To turn a free ware synth into a payware synth for cosmetic enhancements is not the way to go... there is Diva for your requierments.. leave Tyrell free as it is thanks... :hihi:
Can you remind me which feature I mentioned was a cosmetic enhancement? New browser? MPE? NKS? Seems like none of those. So I don't know what you're saying. Besides there's no way, the synth could suddenly become not free anymore. It would be a Tyrell N7 or something. ;)

Besides, I almost feel guilty with this thing being free. It's too good! Also, being payware just makes me feel like it will be supported long term. It could be a nice little cheapy, like 50 bucks or something. Nice little boost of income for not a whole lotta work maybe?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
surreal wrote:

Cheers
Can you remind me which feature I mentioned was a cosmetic enhancement? New browser? MPE? NKS? Seems like none of those. So I don't know what you're saying. Besides there's no way, the synth could suddenly become not free anymore. It would be a Tyrell N7 or something. ;)

Besides, I almost feel guilty with this thing being free. It's too good! Also, being payware just makes me feel like it will be supported long term. It could be a nice little cheapy, like 50 bucks or something. Nice little boost of income for not a whole lotta work maybe?
It was already paid for by the Amazona.de site and forum... google the story behind tyrelln6.. remember we are not all in countries where 50 dollars is fifty bucks.... :tu:

U-he gets a great boost with TyrellN6 it is certainly a great synth!! A great Marketing tool!!

Nothing is stopping you from donating 50 bucks if you feel U-he needs the cash boost for a freeware synth!!
:clap:

Ok forget the payware thing, you guys focusing on the wrong thing. I'm just trying to be flattering here and emphasizing that it could easily be a paid synth. The point of the post is about the actual inspiration for the oscs and filters and such. I did google the story of it - It was a while back but don't recall how much was taken from different existing synths. Also most of it was german and a weird google translation. ;)

[quote="Echoes in the Attic"]Ok forget the payware thing, you guys focusing on the wrong thing. I'm just trying to be flattering here and emphasizing that it could easily be a paid synth. The point of the post is about the actual inspiration for the oscs and filters and such. I did google the story of it - It was a while back but don't recall how much was taken from different existing synths. Also most of it was german and a weird google translation. ;)[/quote

Agreed +100 :D 8)

Tyrell is kinda the child of a Juno and a ARP Odyssey, I guess.

waltercruz wrote:Tyrell is kinda the child of a Juno and a ARP Odyssey, I guess.
That's how it's always struck me. But I don't know if other synths were taken as inspiration for other things like the filters.

Return to “u-he”