Q: Loudness Range meter - interpretation

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It looks like the Loudness Range meter shows the range between the minimum and maximum Short-Term levels. Is that right? If not, then what defines the edges of the range?

Sometimes I can reduce the input level but the range does not drop-down to the new Short-Term level. What's going on here?

(Yes, I know that the screenshots are too loud- it is for illustration only).

----------------------------------
FR: I have a Limit value of 4 dB, so the M/ST/I meters can go above 0 LU and remain green. Shouldn't the same idea be applied to the Range meter, so that the 4 green bands all line up?

Or should the tinting take on a different approach? "Too low a dynamic range" is red, "Too high a dynamic range" is black and in-between is green? And, what are the "Too low" and"Too high" limits
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Not really the Loudness range has a specific algorithm and I even think the colors are defined by standard (not sure though). Anyways in most cases it will be close to short term loudness minimum and maximum for most of the time, but it generally isn't correct.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”