Note off velocity

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can ample sound AGT and/or ABY be setup to trigger note off velocity by receiving a note off of 0? My keyboard does note support note off velocity. However, when I click on the fretboard graphic of the vsti, I hear a release sample. Any other way to trigger this?
Thx.

Thanks for asking, what DAW are you using? you can write note off velocity for all of notes after recording MIDI.

I'm using sonar Platinum 2017.07. Win 10Pro x64.

Can you give an example of what that would look like when viewing/editing midi events?

Thx.

The edit mothed is the same as all of DAWs, open the list windows, you will find off-velocity column, select all and enter a value (e.g. 64).

It's not possible to edit note of velocity in Sonar.
In Sonar the note of velocity will always be 0.
It's not possible to change it.

Ewen89 wrote:It's not possible to edit note of velocity in Sonar.
In Sonar the note of velocity will always be 0.
It's not possible to change it.
Were you able to find a fix for this? I have the same issue. I'm using Sonar Platinum and the Komplete Kontrol S49. I can't even get it to work in standalone mode outside of Sonar. I can pluck the virtual bass with my mouse and use the PC keyboard and the fret noises and articulations resonate, but I don't get that response via a midi keyboard. I even tried my old Axiom 25 and the same issue. :dog:

That is not a bug, almost all of DAWs can edit note off velocity except Sonar, we will find a way to support Sonar, and you should ask Calkwalk to support off velocity, it really is an important parameter.

Understood. However, it doesn't work properly in standalone mode either by using ASHost, outside of Sonar. If I simply open ASHost and use it with my Komplete Kontrol S49 midi keyboard (or Axiom 25), I get the same results when striking keys on the midi keyboard....basic bass sounds with no finger slides, fret noise, or velocity sensitivity. Again, if I pluck the virtual bass or use the virtual keyboard, everything sounds as it should. If it's not going to work properly in Sonar Platinum due to inability to control note off velocity, then why is this not advertised and why is Cakewalk listed on your website? If we can't get this resolved in a timely manner how do I go about requesting a refund for Yinyang Bass II?

By the way, it is not the customer's responsibility to ensure compatibility between products. Ample Sound should be working directly with Cakewalk to ensure compatibility. After all, Cakewalk is listed on Ample Sound's website. Why would you even make that statement?

The note off velocity can control the volume of Release sample group, and Finger Sound Release sample group, it is nothing to do with other articulations, there must be another reason if other articulations did not work on your computer, we will find it out together. let's Teamviewer?

Sounds like a plan. What is a good time? Is this the same person that I'm communicating with via email about a TeamViewer session? -- Thanks

Yes, we are not in the same time zone, but we will wait for you.

tv,
I am a Sonar Platinum user and I am frustrated by the inability of Sonar to view and edit the note off velocity in the Event List window. That is a Cakewalk limitation. They provide no ability to view/edit all the midi data available. AS has little power over Cakewalk's omission!

As I'm the OP, I feel compelled to help maybe clear up some of the facts of maybe why you're not able to hear the same articulations you hear when using the UI fretboard.
It is not Ample Sounds' "fault" in any way that I can see. They have correctly implemented the midi spec.

Do any of your Keyboards/controllers generate Note Off Velocity? I know my Axion 61 does not. Does the Komplete Control S46 generate Note Off Velocity? You have to carefully read the Midi implementation section of your S49 manual, OR contact NI support to verify the the S49 is capable of generating Note Off. Maybe it just needs to be turned on.
My point here is, if none of your keyboards generate note off velocity, how can you expect the AS product to produce the articulation? This could very well be the reason you don't hear the articulations you're expecting...especially via AShost or Sonar. If it the data ain't there it ain't there! Most midi keyboards/controllers don't send Note Off velocity, they just send a Note Off = 0. There's a reason for this but I'll leave it up to you to research that.

Sonar is supposed to be able to "record" midi Note Off velocity, however, if you can't view/edit Note Off velocity data, how can we even verify it's being recorded except by hearing the articulation during playback! We hit the same wall as above if your keyboards do not generate Note Off velocity. I have directed my frustration with this to Cakewalk... hopefully you'll redirect yours to them them too. While you're at it, and I did, give your controller mfgs an earful for not implementing Note Off velocity in their hardware too.
I wish Cakewalk would provide a CAL script to be able to convert Note On = 0 to Note Off Velocity = 64. Then we could possibly get the articulations we want!

So, in summary, I think that part of this issue is/was created because WE did not know the limitations of our hardware/software!
I am now a smarter shopper because of this!

I do not work for AS, but I believe that make excellent, full featured products. They have become my go to for acoustic guitars and electric bass.

Hope this helps and good luck tv,
scoble

Thanks Scoble08 and Tvistein123, we may make a logic that gaving a value (e.g 64) to note off velocity if it is 0, O/C users need a knob to control the vaule. again, the note off velocity just control the volume of release samples and finger sound release samples, there must be other reasons if other articulations don't work.

Oops..Sorry.
I should have been more clear..I was only addressing the release and finger sound release samples (Note Off velocity) issue. I don't seem to have any issues with the other articulations. I usually place the key switches in a "control" track.

Return to “Ample Sound”