Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:Are these Nebula plugins or any other form of convolution? I remember he used to do stuff for Acustica.
No, they're coded using Spice (component modelling).
A bit fried in the higher freqs

That component modeling sounds interesting for those analog obsession plugins. Has anyone used them and can comment on the sound quality?

I hear that psp e27 is very nice too. EDIT oh boy I just demoed it. It's amazing!

Hey everyone -- just wondering about Fluid Harmonics (In session audio). It's on sale at 40% and costs $120. It looks like a fun and very musical toy, but at 120 clams -- well... that's a fair amount of money. The only review I've found for it is at Sample Library Review. But I see no videos of "normal" users actually using the app.

Anybody here used it who can provide some feedback? I have two questions about it in particular:

1.) How easy is it to make (good) presets? If it's very fiddly and time consuming with lots of tweaking to get things just right, it's probably not for me. Also, for the arp settings, does it have any randomization capabilities?

2.) I really dig the plucked harmonics sound. How "diverse" is the sound this thing generates? Can it do a credible melodic lead sound? Or is it best for chord progressions and pads? Is it specifically an EDM tool? If it were used in the context of largely guitar-based rock or pop music, would it sound out of place?

Thank you!

question about the sound toys sale tomorrow. Do the "jr" plugins qualify for the bundle upgrade? And if I get them all how much will the upgrade cost be?

Rajiv wrote:Hey everyone -- just wondering about Fluid Harmonics (In session audio). It's on sale at 40% and costs $120. It looks like a fun and very musical toy, but at 120 clams -- well... that's a fair amount of money. The only review I've found for it is at Sample Library Review. But I see no videos of "normal" users actually using the app.

Anybody here used it who can provide some feedback? I have two questions about it in particular:

1.) How easy is it to make (good) presets? If it's very fiddly and time consuming with lots of tweaking to get things just right, it's probably not for me. Also, for the arp settings, does it have any randomization capabilities?

2.) I really dig the plucked harmonics sound. How "diverse" is the sound this thing generates? Can it do a credible melodic lead sound? Or is it best for chord progressions and pads? Is it specifically an EDM tool? If it were used in the context of largely guitar-based rock or pop music, would it sound out of place?

Thank you!
I have the same question about their Fluid Strike collection. It's a pity you can't return them if they suck.

_pix_ wrote:question about the sound toys sale tomorrow. Do the "jr" plugins qualify for the bundle upgrade? And if I get them all how much will the upgrade cost be?
Yes they do, and they do significantly reduce the price of the full upgrade. How much appears to be dependent on a number of factors, but all I can say is that the last time they did a sale (a couple of months back), I could get the full bundle for about $110 or thereabouts. I have all the "jr" plugins, some of which were free as well as the free (at the time) SieQ and Tremolator. So yes, they definitely do work if you want the full bundle.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

thejonsolo wrote:RE- IK Multimedia Total Studio Max deal currently happening.

What I really wish is that IK Multimedia would offer a "finish your bundle" bundle. I mean I own Syntronik, Sampletank 3, Philharmonik 2, Amplitube 4 with 2/3 of the add-ons and T-Racks 4 with 2/3 of the add-ons. I own a handful of Sampletank 3 expansions. If I go for the Total Studio MAX bundle it is about $499. If I add on what I am missing, it is not too far off from that. Seems like I could get some further discounts...

Anyone had any experience with that???
THIS! I've been thinking the same thing for ages. Yet they still haven't. So I haven't.

I'm getting fed up honestly with this. So I've stopped buying into every new release. The cost differential just isn't worth it. Sad too as they are losing out on income I'd have given them.

Why oh why can't companies figure out better marketing and packages for loyalty customers...?

Hoping.

masterhiggins wrote:
Rajiv wrote:Hey everyone -- just wondering about Fluid Harmonics (In session audio). It's on sale at 40% and costs $120. It looks like a fun and very musical toy, but at 120 clams -- well... that's a fair amount of money. The only review I've found for it is at Sample Library Review. But I see no videos of "normal" users actually using the app.

Thank you!
I have the same question about their Fluid Strike collection. It's a pity you can't return them if they suck.
I have to admit that these type of instruments are my form of crack. I picked up both not that long ago when they were on the "Kontakt Player version intro sale". I really like both but I would not go as far as to say I love them. They are very straightforward to use and produce good results. You can randomize everything (which is really quite extensive) although it does not appear to be an "intelligent randomization" as you find in the Audiofier instruments, for example. The randomization is really completely random and as such it works better for fast pulsating stuff. Much of Fluid Harmonics is based on guitar samples (acoustic as well as electric) but I did not feel that this restricts the diversity of sounds you can create. But the instruments tend to lend themselves more towards ambient, pulsating or cinematic sound design. I mainly use them as "pulse engines".

My only main complaint with both is that they take relatively long to load, so auditioning presets is a bit of a pain. On top of that, the presets of Fluid Harmonics are not named in any memorable way, they are just numbered. The presets in Fluid Strike have more descriptive names.

It is really difficult to make a recommendation because so much depends in personal preference. What I can say though is that the Sample Library Review captures the instruments very well. It is one of my main issues with 8Dio, for example, that when Troels Folmann shows off his instruments they sound so much better than what I can create with them, simply because he is an absolutely outstanding and award winning composer and I am not. :) The things I can create with Fluid Harmonics and Fluid Strike have the same level of quality shown in the reviews and demos.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote:It is one of my main issues with 8Dio, for example, that when Troels Folmann shows off his instruments they sound so much better than what I can create with them, simply because he is an absolutely outstanding and award winning composer and I am not. :)
Yup... completely agree, which is why I go to Youtube to watch "normal" people use plugins that interest me. Vendor videos always look very scripted -- they always seem to know which knob to tweak to perfect the sound. The In Session audio videos are terrible in this regard. They really don't give you an idea of what it's like to actually use the plugin.

Thanks very much for your response... it's very helpful.

Fleer wrote:SampleLogic TRAILER XPRESSIONS - Cinematic Made Easy - $129 instead of $199

https://www.samplelogic.com/products/tr ... pressions/
Oh my God! I had the chance to watch a first look video at Sample Library review, and also a detailed walkthrough by a demo composer. This sounds amazing!

Does anyone had the chance to play with this and would like to comment? I'm on the fence, I just want to be sure that it's as great to use as it seems.

cprompt wrote: Yes they do, and they do significantly reduce the price of the full upgrade. How much appears to be dependent on a number of factors, but all I can say is that the last time they did a sale (a couple of months back), I could get the full bundle for about $110 or thereabouts. I have all the "jr" plugins, some of which were free as well as the free (at the time) SieQ and Tremolator. So yes, they definitely do work if you want the full bundle.

is there a way to know how much the discount will be with any given number of plugins?

No one is talking about the new EQ Eventide is giving away until October 31? It's a new company by the programmer who made some of Eventide's best plugins and Eventide is distributing it:

https://www.jrrshop.com/eventide-equivocate
Last edited by Uncle E on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Now that's a steal! Thanks Uncle :tu:

Thanks Eric!!

G

Uncle E wrote:No one is talking about the new EQ Eventide is giving away until October 31? It's a new company by the programmer who made some of Eventide's best plugins and Eventide is distributing it:

https://www.jrrshop.com/eventide-equivocate
Somebody started an EQuivocate thread but people immediately decided to turn that into an "I hate iLok" thread. :lol:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”