Ampeg SVX 2 for AmpliTube now available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 4 AmpliTube Custom Shop AmpliTube SVX

simon.a.billington wrote:
Daimonicon wrote:
chilly7 wrote:It will be nice if IK will redo Fender 300 Pro! And it's cab.

IK: Are you going to consider to model bass cabs for extra low bass tunings? Lower then low B. For example F# or even lower tunings. I really miss that!
If that will not happen, get some pitch tool like Melodyne or Waves soundshifter, a cheaper alternative on the DI and bounce and import again in your DAW. I have different guitars and tunings and only one bass so that's what I use for lower tunings for the bass. :tu:
How can you possibly get much lower??

A low E is already around 40Hz and a low B is around 30Hz and lacks so much presence its often hard to impliment well.

I can't imagine going much further below that!!
Well there is some common miss information.
Diferent bass cabs have different response but usually 8x10 cabs like for example Ampeg ones they start heavelly to low pass low frequency at 60Hz. So techicaly they are not idial even for E strings.

I have F# string (175 Gauge) on my bass. But i saw some basses goes even to low C.

No way i am saying Ampeg made in USA 8x10 bass cabs sound bad, but i am just saying there is a bit little problem with them for E string. :hihi:

For low B the problem is bigger.
For my F# is even more.

And so on.

Also in classical music there is octobass which goes in that deep territories as does electric bass guitar.
Octobass goes to low C. Lower then even my F#! :hihi:

Also there are other cases where guitar and bass gear can be used for synth sounds.
https://слово-божье.рф

Yesterday I was messing around (=updating routine) with the custom shop and saw I still had unused credits from years ago which covered the entire upgrade to SVX2.. immediately snagged it! Thanks IK!
I'd really like to see a SVT2Pro and SVT3 models in the IK Ampeg collection someday.

TBH, I didn't care for these. I think the original SVX is better. But everyone is different.

Question, for people w/o AT4 and that style of cabinets, do they get to use the the killer cab section now (it used to be locked if you didn't own AT4)?

incubus wrote: Question, for people w/o AT4 and that style of cabinets, do they get to use the the killer cab section now (it used to be locked if you didn't own AT4)?
You need the full AmpliTube 4 in order to use Cab Room features.

It's fine for me, but that is ridiculous. It opens up an array of possibilities that is holding back people from making the jump.

incubus wrote:It's fine for me, but that is ridiculous. It opens up an array of possibilities that is holding back people from making the jump.
Cab Room is one of the features that should entice people to make the jump, not prevent it. I will make sure that the content we have that features Cab Room and other great features of AmpliTube 4 full is highlighted so that people can get a good idea about how much these features add to th experience. Thanks!

How do they know w/o a demo? I got mine for 59 bucks. It was worth it, but it's a shame others can't demo it and see how good it is.

incubus wrote:How do they know w/o a demo? I got mine for 59 bucks. It was worth it, but it's a shame others can't demo it and see how good it is.
We released many materials showing and explaining the features - including web content, videos, and audio where appropriate.

Peter, we've known each other a long time.

You know that even though you've dismissed me as a troll that is trying to drag your name through the mud (and many others) I'm not.

I simply feel that people need to experience for themselves what AT4 feels like. All that other stuff doesn't matter.

Anyways, I've said what I have to say, I already own it (thanks to a great value) and it's not going to change. Shame.

I don't think that, and your input is noted and valued. However, AmpliTube 4 remains one of our most valued products (based on may different data points - I do more than post on forums for IK so I have deep insight into more than just feedback from KVR and similar) and the lack of demo has been relayed to management but I can imagine that the reason it remains as it is currently would be due to AmpliTube 4 doing very well set up as it currently is.

I do appreciate your input, and thank you for expressing your opinion on this.

incubus wrote:TBH, I didn't care for these. I think the original SVX is better. But everyone is different.
I felt the same after demoing many I bought the old one with points. The new one does sound great though I just felt there was a little more personnality with the old one.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Boone777 wrote:
incubus wrote:TBH, I didn't care for these. I think the original SVX is better. But everyone is different.
I felt the same after demoing many I bought the old one with points. The new one does sound great though I just felt there was a little more personnality with the old one.
I'm a long time user of the older SVX suite and recently got the v2. The former covered a wider ground maybe, I hear big improvement on the last one's modelling capabilities though, especially when overdriving preamp stages on both the V4B and SVT Heritage.

I'd like to see some less "classic" gear also, such as the SVP Pro preamp or SVT2 Pro which share the same preamp section.

Sometimes I just don't get the wow factor from something. Often, I change my mind :hihi:

At any rate, whatever you use, they are both good (as is mark bass and Cerberus too, I've just decided that in since I have at4 and the cab possibilities, it's jut easier to work with, and preset saving is really ... much better ;) )

I've been a few years without updating my Amplitube stuff. Lately I did and puff! Ampeg logos gone! 😁 Now I see the whole collection's just called SVX.
When/why exactly did you ditch the Ampeg endorsement? These were and still are the best software Ampeg emulations made so far in my opinion, they deserve the official license!

JohnPativens wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:15 am I've been a few years without updating my Amplitube stuff. Lately I did and puff! Ampeg logos gone! 😁 Now I see the whole collection's just called SVX.
When/why exactly did you ditch the Ampeg endorsement? These were and still are the best software Ampeg emulations made so far in my opinion, they deserve the official license!
Seems the endorsement goes to Plugin Alliance instead, for whatever reason.
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

Return to “Effects”