Waves Q10, L1 and Audiotrack 25th Anniversary Ed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AudioTrack L1 Ultramaximizer Q10 Equalizer

Seems that Waves has done a new interface and some minor feature updates/tweaks for L1, Q10 and Audiotrack. L1 and Q10 still get use here so thumbs up on the interface remastering.

Also there's a 25th Anniversary sale going on. :-P
No signature here!

Will the update kill my CPU now?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Will the update kill my CPU now?
Only if you set the precision from x1 to x2. :hihi:
No signature here!

:( :cry:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Great updates!

Glad to see they finally have another true peak limiter apart from WLM plus in the catalog.
By the way: the new ARC in L1 seems to be different from L2, so L2 is not redundant now :tu:
(tried to make them cancel each other out, which only worked in Manual+Digital mode on L1).

hopefully a preview of a complete makeover for the legacy plugins in waves v10?

The new interfaces look great, but they are still not re-sizable :cry:

Waves plugins have always sounded superb, but let's face it, the 'beige-on-beige' look of some of the older plugins doesn't really entice new users into buying, regardless of how great they may sound. More modern, updated GUI's would undoubtedly increase sales - but they need to be usable on larger/higher resolution monitors.

Please Waves, if you're going to re-skin the plugins, please please consider making them re-sizable :love:

Great to see - looking forward to the Renaissance series getting a facelift especially.

L1 catching ISPs means it oversamples now? Welcome to 2005, Waves :hihi:

Anyone know if these upgrades need the WUP for those that have the plugins? I've always thought I'd need the WUP for such things in the past, but always been able to just install the latest version without...
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:Anyone know if these upgrades need the WUP for those that have the plugins? I've always thought I'd need the WUP for such things in the past, but always been able to just install the latest version without...
I reinstalled audiotrack and got the updated gui - I'm still within my wup period though.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Waves does it again with another free update, you can't beat this unless you are paying $15 a month. :hihi:

WUP doesn't matter, it's a free update to all version 9 users.

It's pretty cool that you can still access the older GUI if you want. There is a legacy switch on the GUI.
Play it by ear

Cool update! Q10 looks like GUI is designed for this eq to have analyzer built in. Does it?

Elektronisch wrote:Cool update! Q10 looks like GUI is designed for this eq to have analyzer built in. Does it?
No thankfully, who needs the added cpu usage and visual distraction anyways? Get yourself a free analyzer if you're have issues hearing frequencies.

gas pump wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Cool update! Q10 looks like GUI is designed for this eq to have analyzer built in. Does it?
No thankfully, who needs the added cpu usage and visual distraction anyways? Get yourself a free analyzer if you're have issues hearing frequencies.
Basicly everyone needs that otherwise fabfilter pro q2 wouldnt be so popular also DAW makers wouldnt integrate that in theyr eqs ;) and i dont have issues hearing frequencies but having guidance helps during mixdown. And it can always be optional right?

Return to “Effects”