Loom II has landed!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loom Classic Loom II

fluffy_little_something wrote:From the company whining about customers expecting too much at too low a price... :hihi:

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/airs-xpan ... 30th-38798

Makes me feel like dumping my paid Xpand into the trash bin...
We have decided to provide this instrument for free for a period to help students, teachers, educators ect.
My point simply was not every upgrade, update can be free :) If you dont want to pay the aksing pirce thats totally fine. As this plugin has now had many years of use from the premium sales nothing has been lost.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

sbangs_air wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:From the company whining about customers expecting too much at too low a price... :hihi:

We have decided to provide this instrument for free for a period to help students, teachers, educators ect.
My point simply was not every upgrade, update can be free :) If you dont want to pay the aksing pirce thats totally fine. As this plugin has now had many years of use from the premium sales nothing has been lost.
Some of your products are ok, but really, your company sucks...

wagtunes wrote:
Numanoid wrote:So it is all gloom then :P
LMAO. Good one. I love it!
Maybe the thread title really should be:

"Loom II has stranded"

I'll get my coat :oops:

Ok, guys, doing my best to engage here. I'm going to have to duck out for now but if anyone needs any technical support, has any questions or suggestions feel free to drop me a PM.

Your comments are noted, appreciated, have been passed on and we will do our best to address.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX

sbangs_air wrote: Your comments are noted, appreciated, have been passed on and we will do our best to address.
Thanks ! A resizable/multisizes gui is really needed in 2017. I just stopped using some plugins (psp and... herm...airmusictech, not to name them) because of their guis. And Loom2 make me fear for strike3, transfuser3 and structure3. Although this last one also needs a full rehaul of its browser.

sbangs_air wrote:

The redeem code does not work.

Coupon Redemption
This coupon could only be used 1 times.

sbangs_air wrote:

Price =/= value.

I got Xpand!2 for a low sale price, but it doesn't bother me that it is free now. It's the first thing I recommend to newbies that are looking for more "real instrument" sounds than what came with their first DAW.

Folks can mock it all they want, but Xpand!2 has it's place in my kit. It is a good upgrade for all of the hardware romplers I collected for the past 20 years, LOL!!!

I find it useful as a go to for sounds, even though I have the full SampleTank and numerous other soft synths with deep programming features.

For just grabbing a quick sound, setting up a multi or layer, it's hard to beat. And the sounds are good.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Always open to new sounds. I think simon as done a good job communicating with customers, and trying to help others. It's pretty simple if you don't like the upgrade don't buy it. Plenty will buy this for new sounds and inspiration. I will try the demo.

Also, if you bought AIR bundle and you knew their were demo's and you thought you wasted money that is your own fault. I did a trial before buying my bundle. Doesn't matter if you bought on here or someplace else, you had a chance to try it before buying or if their wasn't a trial at the time you could have done better research and waited long for more and more reviews on the product.

I'm not really into creating sounds like a pro sound designer, building kontakt libraries or anything like that. So in the creative process I'm looking for great sound presets that are easy to tweak, and ready to go. AIR Instruments provides that for me.

sbangs_air wrote: In regards to the preset pack, we obtained written permission in exchange for NFR's and ongoing NFR's for any future products we call full credit to the creator as requested in the download and include the donation link. If we have misunderstood we are happy to remove this asap just let me know.
Maybe this is referring to CHE's packs? I have received no NFRs or anything else and didn't ask for anything. I did give permission for the link to the pack to be promoted (and there is a difference between being promoted and being used as promotion) by Air as long as it was understood that it was free and am still happy for that (although the only 'written permission' was in the form of a quick KvR PM) but I do think the bundling of a free product coupled with a suggestion that it is only 'free for a while' is stretching things a bit (and just not true) as it is still being used as a lever to sell stuff which is rather beyond what I was envisaging originally.

aMUSEd wrote:
sbangs_air wrote: In regards to the preset pack, we obtained written permission in exchange for NFR's and ongoing NFR's for any future products we call full credit to the creator as requested in the download and include the donation link. If we have misunderstood we are happy to remove this asap just let me know.
Maybe this is referring to CHE's packs? I have received no NFRs or anything else and didn't ask for anything. I did give permission for the link to the pack to be promoted (and there is a difference between being promoted and being used as promotion) by Air as long as it was understood that it was free and am still happy for that (although the only 'written permission' was in the form of a quick KvR PM) but I do think the bundling of a free product coupled with a suggestion that it is only 'free for a while' is stretching things a bit (and just not true) as it is still being used as a lever to sell stuff which is rather beyond what I was envisaging originally.
Apologies for any misunderstanding as stated above this was promoted on understanding of your concent we will remove it at the earliest opportunity. We followed the expressed conditions of including links and full credit as requested with full offer of compensation for the promotion by way of product.

We work with a network of artists promoting their work and on paid packs we distribute they get the lions share. It’s certainly not our intention to disrespect any artists.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

I don't have any problem with your linking to the pack, just with pretending it's only free for a limited period to use as leverage for selling your own stuff - do you not see the difference?

I'm absolutely baffled as to why AIR think this will fly.

I waited ages for Loom to go on sale and picked it up at about the £40 mark. Two or three months later, a £50 'everything upgrade' appears, shortly after blowing Xpand 2 out for $1/free, just to ensure your existing customers get the worst possible deal.

Why on earth would I buy/support this?

aMUSEd wrote:I don't have any problem with your linking to the pack, just with pretending it's only free for a limited period to use as leverage for selling your own stuff - do you not see the difference?
This makes sense apologies, it wasn’t our intention for that to across that way we will improve the messaging the core messaging is that the item it’s self is the time limited promotion. Thank you for the feedback. It’s a great pack and deserves attention.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

cron wrote:I'm absolutely baffled as to why AIR think this will fly.

I waited ages for Loom to go on sale and picked it up at about the £40 mark. Two or three months later, a £50 'everything upgrade' appears, shortly after blowing Xpand 2 out for $1/free, just to ensure your existing customers get the worst possible deal.

Why on earth would I buy/support this?
From time to time items do go on promotion as with any developer. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will try the demo. If it’s not for you no worries.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

beatmangler443 wrote:Always open to new sounds. I think simon as done a good job communicating with customers, and trying to help others. It's pretty simple if you don't like the upgrade don't buy it. Plenty will buy this for new sounds and inspiration. I will try the demo.

Also, if you bought AIR bundle and you knew their were demo's and you thought you wasted money that is your own fault. I did a trial before buying my bundle. Doesn't matter if you bought on here or someplace else, you had a chance to try it before buying or if their wasn't a trial at the time you could have done better research and waited long for more and more reviews on the product.

I'm not really into creating sounds like a pro sound designer, building kontakt libraries or anything like that. So in the creative process I'm looking for great sound presets that are easy to tweak, and ready to go. AIR Instruments provides that for me.
Thank you for your support, we aim to provide tools to those on all budgets. I’m glad to hear you have enjoyed and benefited from the products.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

Return to “Instruments”