Annoying Scroll Bar Behavior - Maybe a Bug

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the parameter assignment window (gotten to by clicking the + button in an MP or Modulator), when clicking on the scroll bar (not on the thumb), there is two click's worth of movement in most cases. You get on page forward/backward on click and usually a second page forward on release. If you click right adjacent to the thumb, then you only get one page of movement. Maybe this is intentional, but it certainly doesn't work the way most folks would expect it to.

Is this a bug or feature? :D

I'm a bit lost, could you post a screenshot of the place you are talking about?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ah, I see it too:

If I click and release close to the scroll bar handle, then the list moves once as expected. If I click and release far away from the scroll bar handle the lsit moves twice - once on the click and once on the release. In the gif, my first two clicks/releases are close to the handle and my next 2 are far away from the handle.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Ah, I see it too:

If I click and release close to the scroll bar handle, then the list moves once as expected. If I click and release far away from the scroll bar handle the lsit moves twice - once on the click and once on the release. In the gif, my first two clicks/releases are close to the handle and my next 2 are far away from the handle.
Exactly. Thanks, DarkStar. What the gif doesn't make clear is the pause between the mouse-down and the mouse up. That's indistinguishable from two separate mouse clicks in the animation.

But just try it. Bring up this window, click in the scrollbar track far away from the thumb (make a little pause between mouse down and mouse up) and I think you'll see it immediately. Do it on the Parameter 1 thru Parameter 128 sequence in MXXX to make it easy to spot how far the scroll amount is.

Aaaaaha! Damn! :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”