FR: Processing Shape Meter in MModernCompressor

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would it be possible to add the processing shape meter to MModernCompressor please?

Thanks. :hug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

...yup...+1 for adding a "shape meter"...in fact maybe it could option/alternate with the "gain distribution meter" that's there now...for me, pretty much after the "analysis" and initial settings I don't really notice it...wiw.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

I'm sorry, but that's a no, simply the development time (also there's no space). MDynamics has it, so I'd suggest checking it out. Or MTurboComp.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Although it has already been nixed, I'll chime in and say that MModernCompressor would be a 10/10 compressor for me if it had this meter like MCompressor.

In the past year, when I was really digging into learning how to use a compressor, MCompressor became my favorite mostly because of this most excellent visual representation, and I've come to rely on it. If I am teaching someone about compression in the future, I will use MCompressor for this reason. It makes it so easy to dial the threshold in just right, where the signal is dancing across the knee.

If there were a button to switch, say, the histogram window over to this representation once I'm finished doing the analysis, or the metering window, I'd be so happy.

But I understand finite development resources. It would be a good feature for me, but would it sell more licenses? I don't know.

My angle on MModernCompressor was not as a compressor-only version of MDynamics, but as a step-up version of MCompressor for people like me who love MCompressor from the free bundle. Everything MCompressor has, but also more advanced sidechain EQ, histogram, automatic settings, more advanced detector, lookahead, modulators, etc.

So to me, it felt like a "missing" feature. The basic free one had it, but this one, the next step up, didn't.

Happy with it, though! I get by just fine with the histogram and a gain reduction meter these days. But especially with those fancy detector settings, I would love to see that vertical line dancing back and forth across the knee!

Thank you! :love:
Unfortunately the situation stays the same, there's just no development time... In fact everything is months behind the schedule... damn...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”